Star Trek "Casual Duty -Suede jacket"

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Shaunn Lawrence, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Shaunn Lawrence

Shaunn Lawrence New Member

Having already made this Jacket twice before... I thought that this time? I should have some pictures of my work.

The customer was a GREAT GUY named "Allen Slonaker", he gave this jacket a RAVE REVIEW on the 1701rst site...which I was very greatful for.

Anyway? These arethe pics of it being made, and of Allen actually in the Jacket.:cool

2. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

nice looking jacket,

of course, that doesn't matter if you never get the items you pay for.

3. Shaunn Lawrence

I guess not!

4. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

Glad you agree. Be ashame if you took someone else's money and didn't deliver.

5. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I thought Shaunn took care of all of his old outstanding orders?

You did do that right shaunn?

6. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

No, he didn't. Or maybe I'm a new case. But I'm out $500 to him and basically have no chance of getting the money or the BSG Tans I ordered from him.

I also know of someone who had to pay a second time to recieve his BSG Jacket from shauun.

Old habits die hard it seems.

7. Shaunn Lawrence

Somebody paid TWICE for a "BSG" Jacket? Like who?

Please tell me you aren't referring to Mark Dickson?

That issue has been resolved and put to BED!

Yes Apollo! I Have gone to GREAT LENGTHS to repair my standing with people I have inadvertently wronged.

Some people...told me EXACTLY "Where to go"! But? The 43 individuals who did allow me to "Work thing Out" with them, were very satisfied when we wrapped up our projects...together.

Some of them are STILL "Repeat Customers".
    I am working on resolving my issues with Ed..by Christmas!

With the present state of the Economy? People's "Expendable Incomes" have been rather tight! So? Purchases of an entirely Optional Nature have some what fallen to the waste side.

But? It looks like I will be actually regularly Employed here very soon...as in the 28th of this month!

So? I can finally pay ED back his money...hopefully by Christmas!

8. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

All news to me Shauun but I'll add this to the string of bull you've fed me for the last year and a half.

Keep trying Till then, you are nothing but a thief. You took my money and ran with it.

9. Shaunn Lawrence

However? "If" Ed still wants his... "TANS" (as he calls them),...I would be happy to make them for him...by Christmas 2011.

My personal problems with being "Bi-Polar"/ "Manic Depressive" got in the way of me satisfying Ed in the purchase of his costume. That reason is in fact why I have ended up in HOT WATER for so many years!

Now that I am on Medication? Things are ALLOT better!
    I have apparently been "Bi-Polar" all of my life. Which, truth be told?

Actually explains quite allot!

While there are still sadly some delays? That is mostly due to just "Over Booking". NOBODY is suing me anymore..(Knock on Wood), and I am feeling MUCH BETTER about myself...and my Costume Deliveries.

As the Medication I am currently taking has really helped to clear away "The Fog"..so to speak.

Am I at 100% yet?....No! But? I am getting there. Things have certainly improved from just a year ago...so?

"Onwars and Upwards". :)

10. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

Funny, I'll have to check the wording on the email from About Christmas 2010, but that does sound almost exactly like his excuse last year.

Meds were working back then too. If I recall.

11. Shaunn Lawrence

Sorry Ed! But I wasn't on "Meds" last Christmas!

As I didn't get any until April! That would have been quite impossible.

12. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

I stand corrected, looking at the message dated Jan 20, 2011, it was just the diagnosed depression. Not meds.

the point it, this is not a case of overbooking. I payed for my commission on March 19, 2010. And have yet to recieve anything but excuses and broken promises. Yet it would seem you have had REPEAT customers in that time.

and here you are looking for more. Well, forgive me if I think people deserve to know that from time to time you take the money and deliver nothing.

13. WNMHGB

WNMHGB Member

wow the shoulders are huge on that jacket!
    sounds like another trek costume theif

14. Apollo

Trek Galactica, lots of franchises

Shaunn has a very bad past of owing lots and I mean LOTS of people product that they paid for and never got.

15. Shaunn Lawrence

Care to divulge some names Apollo? (Including your own), Jose returned a rather HEALTHY sum of money to these people,several years ago!

If these "Lots" and "LOTS" of people got a refund from Jose? It's a
    closed issue!

Out of the 43 individuals who did indeed get their belated costumes?

There too it is a Closed Issue. So? Just who exactly are all of these people that have been left hanging all of this time?

I need "Names", "Costumes Expected", and "proof of payment".

And I will do all that I can to appease them...one person at a time.

16. peter1701

peter1701 Well-Known Member

Shaunn I hope your Christmas promises here don't impact the Christmas delivery you have promised me.

17. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

If his history tells me anything, it's that Christmas will come and go with no change here.

18. Apollo

It would seem in your Klingon vest thread some names are coming out that you have forgotten.

Let me give you a little advice my friend you do NOT want to start sparring with me.

Your time can be better used to start making right what you still owe PERIOD.

19. Shaunn Lawrence

Sparing with you? Since when is asking questions considered to be "Sparing"? What are you now..MY DAD?

This is my personal e-mail "slawrencepiscean@hotmail.com"

If any of you would care to divulge your "sources"? These "Forgotten Customers" will have to let me know WHAT COSTUME they are owed.

And I will have to check with Jose that they weren't already paid back.

Once that has been substantiated? I can work on making their costume.

This costume issue has not been dealt with in over 8-years!

As such? I have NO TALLY to know...ANYTHING! All of my possessions were given away, and or DESTROYED by Mark Dickson in 2006.

I have NO remaining records, or receipts, or transactional History, or of ANY Costumes ordered, delivered, or refunded!

I have NO remaining Fabrics, or patterns, or research materials.

It is ALL GONE! Along with everything else I have ever owned!

30-years of my life was wiped out! I have had to slowly re-build my Fabric collection, and my pattern collection. Thankfully? Some people were kind enough to allow me to take patterns off of my own work, to try and rebuild my past pattern collection, and my Reference Library.

BUT? The PAST is over! It is GONE! I cannot change it!
    "If" you would like to work together towards correcting these problems? that would be GREAT!

But? If all you want to do is YELL!...and SCREAM at me?

Well? That isn't going to help anything...and it certainly wont help bridge the gap between...what you are owed, and my making sure you are pleased with the costume, once it arrives.

Mark Dickson and I have resolved our issues, and worked everything out!
    He and I have chosen to remain as friends, and let the Past...go!

He and are working together to repair the damage done by BOTH Parties.
    I consider him to be a VERY GOOD FRIEND! It won't replace what happened between us, but it will build a better relationship by working things out.

As for the rest of you? I am VERY SORRY you are angry! But I am making an Earnest attempt to make this situation RIGHT!

If you feel that I cannot be trusted? Or that I am just some LYING *?

Then please take yourself somewhere else! That sort of Nasty, Negative Attitude isn't going to help anything, or anyone!

I am NOT your PERSONAL WHIPPING BOY!!!!

I respond in kind...to what I am shown! You want to be shown some respect? Guess what? That door swings BOTH WAYS!

I don't have to be on here, anymore then you do! This is MY CHOICE!

Either you want to work this all out? Or? You don't! It's just that simple.

Now? How can I be of service?

20. Apollo

:rolleyes Please! :rolleyes

Go sell crazy somewhere else we're all stocked up here.

Once again like a page from the Scam-Artist playbook I see you assigning blame to your illness, to Mark, to throwing the temper tantrum of "I don't have to be here".

There is already a list of people just on this board that have problems with you.

What you need to do is address those one by one.

21. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

And without slinging barbs back at the same time.

I have done nothing but try and work with you on this and now I get snippy, snarky replies.

That's not helping.

22. Shaunn Lawrence

Mike? I am responding to your SNIPPY, SNARKY posts!

I haven't heard from you in quite sometime...just over 8 years to be exact.

You tell me that my sewing is CRAP! And you are expecting what type of a response? I am sorry that my sewing is not UP to your standards Micheal.

Perhaps? You can do better...if so? Why bother coming to me?

Aside from your Charming Commentary? I have NO PROBLEM with you...I am making myself available to you, and?....I have already apologized to you.

So? The Ball is now in your court. Where shall we go from here?

23. peter1701

I love this jacket. Looks great. Shoulder bells look like sausage but other than that is pretty nice

24. Shaunn Lawrence

Thanks Peter! It's nice to hear something reassuring for a change.

I really appreciate it. :)

25. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

You want me to go away and Stop "causing trouble for you" Shauun?

then refund my money. Make it right here. I've tried the private email approach. That failed. Not cause of me, cause of you. You did this to yourself Shauun, I'm not doing it. I just want you to make it right. And make sure anyone who does want to do business with you knows that this still happens. It is NOT history that you have worked hard to make right.

this is the here and now.

26. Prop Medjai

Prop Medjai Well-Known Member

Shaunn Lawrence,

You never made me a Casual Duty Suede Jacket in 1992 or ever. Please leave my name out of your advertising, especially if you never did the job, in the first place...

~Ron

27. Apollo

Any progress on this Ed, Mic?

28. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

nope, even tried another email today (emails had long since turned confrontational with him)

Still waiting for him to give me my money back.

29. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

So, the satisfied customer ends up not being a customer at all.

30. Apollo

Surprise surprise right?! :unsure

31. Prop Medjai

Now that I think of it, he does owe me a "Generations" style Captain's Vest that was supposedly "90%" completed. It was supposed to be compensation for some other wrong that was done in the past. I guess it doesn't really count anymore, after all, it was over 15 years ago...

32. Prop Medjai

Shaunn Lawrence Clapp,

I asked you to remove my name from your post. What's it going to take?

33. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

propably a miracle, cause that's what it'll seem to take to get me my refund and for everyone else to get what they are waiting for.

My guess is that shauun is gone, run from the conflict.

34. peter1701

Tmbleweeds huh

35. BunnyWannabe

BunnyWannabe Member

As ugly as a situation this is and seemingly a whole lot of dirty laundry that's being aired publicly, I am glad that people are coming out and talking about the issues they had. Good to know who is and isn't trustworthy before hand.

36. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

bump to educate the new parties interested in the situation

37. Tank231073

Tank231073 New Member

All I know is it's very bad business to advertise something that wasn't done, and really bad business on copying other peoples works..... I have read nothing good about this person in quite a few boards all over the net..... My suggestion is to stay clear of this person, unless you like getting ripped off. This person has quite a few aliases on e-bay as well,

38. Apollo

Care to post the aliases on E-bay?

Shaunn is a liar AND a thief simply put.

39. Tank231073

Tank231073 New Member

The Aliases have been posted on the boards here in a few other threads and also on the 425ths board, the DTH, and a few others, not hard to find because everyone is complaining about this guy.

40. Shaunn Lawrence

Coping "Other People's WORK"? REALLY? Like WHO?

NOBODY ELSE has ever made this jacket! That I am aware of.

And YES TANK! Why don't you post ALL of my various "Alias's" from EBAY?

This should prove VERY ENTERTAINING! As I ONLY have "ONE" name on EBAY!
    By ALL MEANS! Feel free to enlighten me.

41. Apollo

:lol Including you , you scam-artist! :lol

If you were serious, and we know you are not, there is way better way to spend your time

42. Shaunn Lawrence

When you can be bothered to Identify yourself..."APOLLO"?

I'll actually be concerned about your commentary...until then?

43. Apollo

This is not about me, lots of people know who I am.

As usual you deflect and ignore all your Victims requests for you to honor your obligations.

Not only are you a liar and a thief you are also an idiot.

Did you not think posting your little threads here that the people you have screwed over would not come out of the wood work?

:lol You are such a fool! :lol

44. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

I believe the reference to thief is your outright theft of my money. I don't see anyone saying you copied someone elses work in your quoted post there.

but alass, you have stole my money.

By the way, someone is waiting for you to edit them out of your initial post, seems you did not make this jacket for them. This would support the lying comment though, making that post completely true.

45. Apollo

I forgot to add Drama queen.

Since that is all he is good for!

46. 22 Stars

22 Stars Member

Holy smokes! I think the definition to the word 'comeuppance' should include a link to this thread! As a potential customer I thank you guys.

47. acereplicas

acereplicas Member

I like this a lot! Great job!

48. Apollo

Looks like this needs another bump for our newer members

I apologize ed for bringing up bad memories

49. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

no worries, I rather no one else fall into this trap.

50. Jane Doe

Jane Doe New Member

Well, well, well. How interesting.

It would seem that in the roughly 20 years since I had these same exact problems with Shaunn Lawrence (Clapp) that he has not changed one bit. He's still a conniving scam artist who takes peoples money and fails to deliver what's been promised. He's very, very good at being manipulative and has had decades of practice. Don't underestimate how good a game he can talk: he's very practiced at it.

This is a guy who uses the money from new customers to pay for the materials and costumes for existing customers. It's like a pyramid scheme: you don't get YOUR costume until he suckers someone else into paying for it (not that he'll tell you that), because the money YOU give him is used to pay for the costume of someone else who's probably been waiting for weeks, months, or years for theirs!

And I see he's still using the whole "everything was stolen from me!" excuse. Yeah, he used that one back then too. Claimed one of his disgruntled customers had broken into the trailer he lived in and had taken all of his fabric, patterns, books, etc. Sound familiar?

This guy will mooch off of anyone who has compassion for him, and will manipulate them into taking him in, paying for his groceries, or anything he can get the person to do for him, all the while telling convincing sob stories. And I see from boards like these that he hasn't changed.

The sad thing is he really is very talented, and shouldn't need to rip people off. Unfortunately he's just a huge flake and you're taking a HUGE gamble if you commission anything from him.

In short: he hasn't changed in 20+ years.

Also, he's totally bald. Don't let his crappy wigs in his pictures fool you.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013