Interest Star Lord's Plasma Orb - Screen Accurate (new image 4/12)

MorbidCharlie

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Been working on this one too and the model is finished. I can't give a time frame at this point because I need to dissect this thing and figure out how I want to tackle the print and finishing, let alone work out the lighting. This is designed to fit on one of the 4" clear ornaments that you can buy at craft stores.

Capture2.JPG

These are some images of test pieces. These have not been finished and the orb is a test piece, so cutting is not precise, but I've painted them to get the coloring and checked sizing.

View attachment 46233411149116_10204304156660180_1379900936_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Star Lord's Plasma Orb (Light)

I'm still looking at ideas on this. Obviously, it needs to be bright so it will probably be a ring of LEDs in the center, but I want to make sure it gets the right amount of diffusion.

I might be interested.
How are you going to tackle the clear ball for the basis of this prop?

Updated the first post with a shot of the first test print! More coming soon!

Attachments

• 20150409_224627.jpg
    20150409_224627.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 268
Re: Star Lord's Plasma Orb - Screen Accurate (first image of test print)

Another couple of images added to the first post. Should have a complete orb ready to show very soon!

Which clear orb will you be using? I've seen some that have a seam running around the edge.
Will you be using a seamless orb and if so could you point me in the direction of an image of one please?

Thanks

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back