Limited Run Star Lord Leather Belt Kit - **Pricing & HOW-TO VIDEO**

IronManiac

Sr Member
For your consideration... the 'Legendary Outlaw'.

belt-display3b.jpg

Hey Everyone, Iron Maniac with Nova Props here again, with another new offering.

Star Lord's belt is a very unique piece that's not easy to manufacture. We want to offer a leather belt, but we're already slammed with orders for our existing products, and we want to have time to work on our future products too. So instead of spending our nights stitching up leather belt orders, we want to offer a KIT that will save you money and allow you to finish your belt all on your own! We know so many of you are crafty DIY-er's on a budget, so this option would be an easy way to save AND when fellow cosplayers admire your belt, you can honestly say 'I put this together myself!'

belt-punched.jpg

Using a pattern of our own design, we will cut the necessary leather pieces, glue them together, and punch the stitch lines. Then we'll box up the belt with the necessary hardware and ship it to you.

Your kit would include:

A cold-cast belt buckle with metal hook installed,
A pair of cold cast d-rings,
A dyed & tanned leather belt with the detail pieces cut, glued, and punched for stitching
Waxed thread and 2 stitching needles
A few pieces of hardware needed to complete assembly.

All you would really need is a some sandpaper & steel wool for the cold cast parts and a pair of scissors, utility knife, contact cement, and a screwdriver to assemble the belt. We will be producing a video that takes you through every step of the process. Even someone who has never picked up a needle and thread before will be able to have a completed belt in a few hours.....and I know because i had never sewn a stitch in my life before this project, and look how it turns out:

belt-stiched.jpgbelt-detail-stitch.jpg

Here's a detail shot of the completed belt.

belt-display2.jpg

PRICING UPDATE:

The 'Legendary Outlaw' kit will be $225 plus $10 for shipping. The kit will include everything you'll need, but you'll need some basic tools and materials to complete finishing. See description above.

DISCOUNTS:
If you have purchased one of our buckles previously and want a DIY belt kit, just let us know and we will take the price you paid for our buckle out of the purchase price for the kit. So if you bought a cold-cast buckle for $65, your price would be $165 + $10 shipping.

If you do not need a buckle, we will discount the belt kit $20. Just let us know when you order. We will be including our D-rings with every kit. We know there are other D-rings out there, but there are a few that are slightly different shapes and sizes. We want to make sure that the D-rings fit well in this belt, and the only way to do that is to include ours with the kit.

PAYMENTS:
Payments can be made via Paypal to orders@novaprops.com. Be sure to include your RPF username, your shipping address, what you're ordering, and if you are paying a discounted price. Please DO NOT send your payment as a gift.

Any questions, please just post them here. A great benefit of this kit, besides the savings over a finished belt is the turnaround. You can wait for weeks or maybe even months for a belt to arrive. But with our kit, we can ship to you in a matter of days. You could potentially order a DIY kit from us on Sunday, have it mid-week, and be ready to wear it to the con the following Saturday!

Here is the video we promised, detailing the steps of completing our DIY kit. Enjoy!

Purchased List:

1. Acathla - pewter buckle owner - PAID - SHIPPED
2. zeroKilo - DIY kit w/ cold cast - PAID - SHIPPED
3. hutch1 - pewter buckle owner - PAID - SHIPPED
4. Nagano - DIY kit w/ cold cast- PAID - SHIPPED
5. Zexcced - pewter buckle owner - PAID - SHIPPED
6. Azrael69 - DIY kit w/pewter buckle - PAID - SHIPPED

belt-assembled.jpg

belt-punched.jpg

belt-detail-stitch.jpg

belt-stiched.jpg

belt-display2.jpg

View attachment belt-display3b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Star Lord Leather Belt Kit

I'd be interested in just the leather if thats an option and depending on cost. I have the Buckle and D rings already

I'd be interested in just the leather if thats an option and depending on cost. I have the Buckle and D rings already

Yes, we will offer this kit without hardware for a reduced price. If you already bought one of our buckles, it will work with this leather kit.

Yes. Actually the belt will come very long and we'll show you how to size it specifically for your waist.

Re: Star Lord Leather Belt Kit - **Pricing Announced**

crap.....how much did i pay for the pewter buckle again???

crap.....how much did i pay for the pewter buckle again???

PM me your name and address and I'll find out.

Anyone else who doesn't remember, just PM us, and we'll let you know how much you paid for your buckle and how much to send for the belt kit. Thanks!

Sign me up, interested!

Question: Is there anything on the belt that actually attaches it to pants to keep it from riding up or spinning around?

Sign me up, interested!

Question: Is there anything on the belt that actually attaches it to pants to keep it from riding up or spinning around?

We are in production, so if you would like a kit, you can paypal your payment and we'll get going on your belt.

There is no attachment that keeps it from riding up or spinning, but I've spent some time wearing it and if properly sized, i don't think it will have an issue. I have not had any problems with the belt spinning or up around my stomach when seated. The great thing about the kit is that you will actually have a chunk of extra leather from the back of the belt left over after you size it, so you could easily create some sort of loop solution for yourself and attach it to the inside of the leather. It's up to you.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back