Done / Completed Star Lord Helmet - All Done

Re: Star Lord Helmet from 3D Print (Collab with Biggeek1972)

I expressed interest on page one.. Im 100% in.. i may need someones finishing services.. If interested PM me.
We'll have to see how it goes, but I think this helmet will be a bit different than others as it doesn't have a top, and we'll probably be using a strap to secure it into your head...

Will know pretty soon

Re: Star Lord Helmet from 3D Print (collab with TheRocketeer)

Super interested in seeing how this turns out. May just have to throw down a deposit as soon as you're ready to take them, heh :)

"There are some small details to figure out still (the red eyes, the head strap, how much cleanup the final cast will need) and for that, I'm trusting TheRocketeer's excellent past record."

He will also handle the payments and the shipping, with me helping as much as I can. I have 5 of his previous helmets, as I know a lot of you do also, and there is no one better to handle the casting of this helmet.

This project started cause he and I wanted a Star Lord helmet :D

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Hey have you seen the pics at SDCC Hasbro display S.L. Helm and Blasters and the Arclight display of S.L.'and Gamora' Screen used Costumes? They both show the S.L. helmet with the eye lenses turned off and one shows the inside of the mask at the eyes and it appears to be purple lenses, and the person who posted them said the lenses are in two layers the first outer layer having no tint and the grid and then the LED's inbetween the two lenses(for each eye) the inner lenses being the ones tinted purple(at least they look purple to me but I'm red green deficient in my eye sight-perhaps they're blue?)
As far as the $75 it sounds completely reasonable to me, can't wait to see a picture.
Thanks
p.s. by the way how does one put the quotes in a grey box like everyone does on this site?

Last edited:

You hit the quote button at the bottom of the post.

And for for the eyes/lenses, this will not include LEDs or electronics for the base price quoted. But if you get one and come up with something cool you can post it then. :)

"There are some small details to figure out still (the red eyes, the head strap, how much cleanup the final cast will need) and for that, I'm trusting TheRocketeer's excellent past record."

He will also handle the payments and the shipping, with me helping as much as I can. I have 5 of his previous helmets, as I know a lot of you do also, and there is no one better to handle the casting of this helmet.

This project started cause he and I wanted a Star Lord helmet :D

Thanks
Hey have you seen the pics at SDCC Hasbro display S.L. Helm and Blasters and the Arclight display of S.L.'and Gamora' Screen used Costumes? They both show the S.L. helmet with the eye lenses turned off and one shows the inside of the mask at the eyes and it appears to be purple lenses, and the person who posted them said the lenses are in two layers the first outer layer having no tint and the grid and then the LED's inbetween the two lenses(for each eye) the inner lenses being the ones tinted purple(at least they look purple to me but I'm red green deficient in my eye sight-perhaps they're blue?)
As far as the $75 it sounds completely reasonable to me, can't wait to see a picture.
Thanks
p.s. by the way how does one put the quotes in a grey box like everyone does on this site?[/QUOTE]

Well. I was about fourth on the response list...was wondering how much the deposit will be?...I know the price total...just waiting to receive final email

Have you seen those pictures though TheRocketeer? The lenses are actually purple. I'm sure you've seen them but if not check this link; http://www.modernmythmedia.com/2014/07/photos-from-the-floor-of-sdcc-2014/
Awesome pics of the mask, also on this site someone posted the inside of this S.L. Helmet as well and he talked about the multi-lenses, from what I read he was given this info from the holders of the screen-used Helmet. I'll try and find the page again if you haven't seen it, there is also a video posted on a thread here of the whole screen-used Quill costume at Arclight, the video shows the helmet and everything else very well.

The raw print is done, just finishing a couple tubes, it will be on it's way to TheRocketeer tomorrow. This pic shows just how much work is required to take a raw 3D print and actually make it into something people would buy.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p533/rgriesbeck/Star Lord/2014-07-29100644_zpsbfb98c1f.jpg

To those asking for my 3D files, trust me, the amount of work to go from what's above to a smooth, wearable helmet is well worth the $230.00. And no, I won't share :angry

What printer are you using?

Thanks, I did not see those before. If you have any links just PM me :)

Have you seen those pictures though TheRocketeer? The lenses are actually purple. I'm sure you've seen them but if not check this link; http://www.modernmythmedia.com/2014/07/photos-from-the-floor-of-sdcc-2014/
Awesome pics of the mask, also on this site someone posted the inside of this S.L. Helmet as well and he talked about the multi-lenses, from what I read he was given this info from the holders of the screen-used Helmet. I'll try and find the page again if you haven't seen it, there is also a video posted on a thread here of the whole screen-used Quill costume at Arclight, the video shows the helmet and everything else very well.

Yeah man 00000000000 IitNPI4 - Imgur.jpg

Is this going to be a single run? I want in, but don't know if I'll have the funds when you start asking for deposits.

Purple lenses that glow red?
It's because there are two layers of lenses. The back layer actually appears to be blue, as can be seen in a later picture of the link Ed Nigma posted where the light shines through them. Then there is the front, clear lens, between which is a black mesh which is ringed by red LEDs.

Bing-bang-boom! All sorted out.

-Nick

They appear Purple to me, but like I said I am red green deficient in my eye00000000000000 Best Pics.jpgsight which changes the way I see all colors, but I'm only deficient I can see colors, but that said I could also be wrong, what do you guys see? The color purple does have alot of red in it anyway and with red LED' it very well could make them appear red, possibly even orange at times? Yes...No? I don't know? What do you guys think/see? I have more pics if you need?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah-so thanks TheNickFox that is very similar to what the person(I can't recall who currently) who saw this Helm and posted the pics said he was told.

TheNickFox I posted near the top of this page 6 about the two layers of lenses the inner most lenses being the ones tinted blue or purple(do you see blue?)How did you know about the multi-layers of lenses? Your right the outer lenses are clear with the grid being in the middle I forgot to say they are clear outers-thanks.

Hey I just found who posted these pics, it was MrRoboto here: http://www.therpf.com/f78/star-lord-helmet-accessories-helagak-208660/index12.html
His pictures posted on page 12 of that thread. Also on this thread is a video MattMuson took at Arclight: http://www.therpf.com/f78/star-lord...-guardians-galaxy-219413/?highlight=star+lord
Here is another pic MrRoboto posted: 0000000000 MrRoboto Star-Lord Thread and accessories Helagak the rpf  ImageUploadedByTapatalk140.jpgIs it okay to re-post members pictures and page links? I hope so, if not I apologize and will discontinue. The NickFox I can see the blue in this pic, I think your correct in saying blue.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back