Star-Lord - Guardians of the Galaxy - Chris Pratt Costume

I picked up some twill patches from Michaels. they have a Light colors set, that had a medium grey. It was necessary to buy two sets of these patches as the patch size needed is too large to cut two out of just the one patch each package gets you. I used the washer and magnet idea that was posted in the Mag mounted rocket controls thread.

After installing them, I feel the patch is just a little TOO big.
RocketControls.jpg

With these pants, the patch lined up right on the middle of the leg pocket.

RocketPatch.jpg

Here is the costume as I have it completed so far. I initially planned to just do this for Halloween, but think I will continue to improve upon it for this years comic con.Star-Lord.jpg

Looks great, have a link on the bag? Keep us all up to date as you improve for the comic con you mention!

-West

The bag is being sold by ohnicedeal on Ebay. The title was "Men's Canvas Travel Hiking Riding Bike Messenger Shoulder Sling Chest Casual Bag"

Last edited by a moderator:
Link for download for the shoe topper part of the half chaps?

- - - Updated - - -

Also how do I scale up the spat part to full size? It's wanting to print on a single sheet of paper...

- - - Updated - - -

Also how do I scale up the spat part to full size? It's wanting to print on a single sheet of paper...

I will have to re-upload the shoe top.

As far as the main body of the spat - the PDF is set to like 16" x 21" if you use adobe acrobat reader, check the button for "actual size" and choose "poster" output on the print dialog screen. This should cause it to print on 6 sheets of paper.

What method did you use to paint the Walkman? And could I get a couple different angles of your finished Walkman? I bought a very similar Panasonic cassette player and can't wait to start working on mine.

Last edited:
Yep...I was just about to ask the same thing, heh! [EDIT] ---> I'm an idiot. FIRST PAGE. durrrr....

Also what thickness of leather would you recommend? I'd like for these things to look as though they'll stand up on their own but not to be so flimsy as to look cheap...

- - - Updated - - -

Yep...I was just about to ask the same thing, heh!
Also what thickness of leather would you recommend? I'd like for these things to look as though they'll stand up on their own but not to be so flimsy as to look cheap...
I used 4oz veg tan on mine. Get with me on fb about the pattern

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back