Star Lord Costume - Saber concepts

When you complete the graphics, could you share them? It would take a lot of time off my own Walkman, but if you prefer not to I completely understand. Thank you.

I have no problem sharing the graphics when I finish them. I am not really that great using photoshop, but I will share what I have.

I got some more progress done. I decided to print a box instead of using the wooden box. It was my first try at designing something in 3D and I don't have any good 3D software either, but the box turned out pretty good. Here are some pics of it. The top face is removable to allow access for the electronics and MP3 player.

Here are the belt D-rings I printed thanks to the .stl file from Ein.

Here are more progress pics of my Helmet. Still have a long way to go on it.

And if all else fails I will use this rubber mask I got online. The eyes to light up but I am having to redo all the electronics to make it work properly.

I am printing the barrel tip adapter for my Nerf Quad Blasters now. (Thanks again to Ein for making the files available)

Not sure I would have time to print any more D-Rings at the moment. Taking a TON of time printing the rest of the helmet and other accessories for my Star Lord build. Speaking of which, I found several different colors of leather and pleather and am going to try to make a belt with it. Here are some pics with the material, base belt (that I got at DragonCon) d-rings (still need to put rub n buff on them), and my buckle (which I need to weather and put the pits in). Now I have NO idea where to go from here. Does anyone have any templates on how to cut the layers of the belt?

I made more progress on the walkman. It is just a 3D printed box and some pictures I edited and made labels to stick on the box. I then cut a slit all the way around where the top can come off for access to the MP3 player. I am waiting on my headphones to get here, they should be here next week. I still have a LOT to do in a short amount of time if I want the costume done before Halloween. Anyway, here are the pics.

My printer was having problems printing whole parts due to a cartridge error issue and I ended up with one whole side of the exterior orb and one just over 3/4 of a side and one that is only 1/4 of a side. I can use the 1/4 side one as a stand for the rest of the orb. LOL I am thinking about just leaving it like that and putting a high power white LED inside and using it as a flashlight for Halloween night. I still have some more work to do to it. Here is what my orb looks like so far.

I got my belt buckle and Rocket Boot Controls from Kevin Gossett the other day and am working on them now. I must say he did an awesome job on these. Here are some pics of the belt buckle. I used 3 different colors of rub-n-buff on it. Black, Pewter and silver. Here are the progress pics.

First I started off with the black in the recessed areas (weathering):

Then I did a couple coats of pewter until I got the color and effect I wanted.

Then I added silver on the raised areas to give it a little definition:

I am working on the rocket boot controls now.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back