Limited Run STAR-LORD BAG, professionally made. Now shipping!

Zlurpo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm doing a second run of my professionally made Star-Lord bags. They're going to be with more accurate colors, nicer leather, and lighter weight.

These are $295 + shipping.

I still have some of these, and if they aren't currently listed in my etsy shop (BigEffectProps on Etsy) pm me and I can re-list them.

At the moment I am not selling them with the buckle attached, so you'll need to get the hardware yourself and do that (the buckle is included, just not attached to the straps). The hardware is "flat cap rivets" in 8mm size, available on etsy and elsewhere.

A couple pics (more on page 9)
6.jpg

8.jpg

bag5.jpg

Attachments

• bag1.jpg
    bag1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 402
  • bag2.jpg
    bag2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Re: Star-Lord Bag, professionally made (photos of prototype included)

Subscribed.

Will it have the 3rd strap and the rings for connecting it?

Last edited:

I'm assuming that means to start production?
No, I think they might be ready to ship in a month. Production could start Monday if I said I was ready. I've asked, I'll probably have to wait until after the weekend to get a response.

Ok, sweet. I'll keep my fingers crossed, I have a con on the 23rd, maybe something magical happens before then, and if not, totally understand since this just starting up. :)

No, I think they might be ready to ship in a month. Production could start Monday if I said I was ready. I've asked, I'll probably have to wait until after the weekend to get a response.

I would be interested in this as well :) need it to complete my outfit

Interested! I saw in your other thread that you were making a list of notes to address. Have you already considered the strap leather? It's always seemed thicker, like belt leather, and a bit lighter & warmer in color to me.

Interested! I saw in your other thread that you were making a list of notes to address. Have you already considered the strap leather? It's always seemed thicker, like belt leather, and a bit lighter & warmer in color to me.

Definitely! Since this was a sample, it was already fairly expensive to have made. The bag company only gets leather by the hide, and even though they get good prices on it, that meant every different type of leather they used, I had to buy a whole new hide. So they just used the same type for everything, with plans to use different leather on the straps for the actual run. However, they did have some scrap leather left over from other projects, and they were kind enough to make some straps out of it.

FSgg8Oe.jpg

It's still not quite the right color, and it's not the right texture, but it's more... belt-like, which is a good thing. They misunderstood that I wanted to be able to switch out the straps though, so the ones on the sample are riveted on, so I can't change them out. Plus they installed the D rings upside-down :p

Will the darker fabric be less orange on the final ones?

Will the darker fabric be less orange on the final ones?
Definitely. The manufacturer sent me photos of the fabric before using it, but the lighting must have been very different in the photos she originally sent. I will send her a sample of the exact fabric used in the movie,
which was identified as duck canvas available at Joanns. I am not 100% sure if it was the nutmeg color or the brown color, but I'll figure out and make sure they have an exact sample.

Will the screened print on the finals include the stripes/gaps? Will it be a metallic ink, or weathered/faded at all? I love the idea of this being so professionally constructed...

Will the screened print on the finals include the stripes/gaps? Will it be a metallic ink, or weathered/faded at all? I love the idea of this being so professionally constructed...

I'm on my phone so I can't post the picture right now, but I've seen a photo that makes me think the stripes are not actually gaps in the print, but rather are applied over the printing and fabric. I plan to apply that myself. I'm not 100% sure on how accurate the color/shimmer of the printing will be, but as close as possible. Weathering and such I think will be up to the individual; if you want the "new" version of the bag, that will be standard. If you want to age it, that'll be up to you. Or maybe I'll do it for a fee, I'm not sure yet.

Interested to see your reference on the stripes!

Here you go, home now. It's not 100% by any means, but to me it looks like the texture of the printing is visible if you zoom in:

evans2.jpg

It also looks a good deal more tan than the fabric of the bag, not so beige.

At any rate, leaving a gap in the printing there will be next to impossible, so painting over wins!

Add me to the interested list. :) Might try and ply you with trades.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back