STANTZ GHOSTBUSTERS sculpt--updated pics

kirkstikesback

hi guys just wanted to show some pics of my new sculpt i have been working on these past couple of days
thanks

DSCF6598.jpg

DSCF6600.jpg

DSCF6605.jpg

Last edited:
Re: RAY Stantz DAN AYKROYD GHOSTBUSTERS sculpt

I don't see Ackroyd much in that first shot, but the other two are definitely him. Can't wait to see this finished!

Very nice! You've already captured a brilliant likeness, even at this early stage. It can only get better from here.

Is this going to end up as the head for a full body mannequin in Ghostbusters kit?

thanks for the kind words!!!
sorry guys i never got the notifications on my email telling me about the replies, so i figured no one posted,....

i will be making busts to be used on mannequins
foam filled heads, for myself i want to make him in different versions

i quickly photoshopped the sculpt to see how it would or could look when finished, i could not find a good pic of stantz in a standing pose so i used a Venkman , but u guys get the idea, i plan on making all 4
thanks for viewing
DAN1.jpg

pic update,
looks way better in person
i cant seem to find a place in my house with good lighting

DSCF6653.jpg

recent pics of the first finished bust, i am better at sculpting than painting detail etc.
i plan on putting acrylic eyes in, the ones on right now are just temporary stickersi had, i plan on making more of these,...i figure why not use the mold right.
the suit is obviously still in progress also...

DSCF6824.jpg

DSCF6808.jpg

DSCF6802.jpg

DSCF6830.jpg

Looking good, I'll be starting my Ray sculpt in January, hopefully mine will capture Aykroyd's likeness like yours did.
thanks for that compliment, i tried my best at sculpting it, yours might be better , i look forward to your sculpt.
i will post new pics tomorrow
i have made some changes to the hairline, taken out the eyelashes because i thought they did not look right, and have put the bust and suit on a myers animatronic display,
will let the pics speak for themselves so you know what i mean
thanks for looking.

hey guys so what i decided to do is use a broken down animatronic myers(the kind that you would get at a Spirit store) i have 2 and the other is in good condition so its ok, then i stripped it out of the overalls it came with and took off the myers head i had to unsew the bottom of the legs on the flight suit and slide it over the torso etc.
then i had to modify the animatronic part of the head so that the head would fit on it.
it moves slightly but the problem now is the fact that it plays the Halloween theme,
any ideas on how to change it to the ghostbusters theme?(economically)
if any one knows and lives in the ontario or Toronto area that would be awsome. and also i plan on adding a thrower in his hands etc.
so i had to unscrew the hand that would normally hold the knife and twist it around so it is in the right "hold" position

i painted the eyes in, i did not like the stickers i put in before, i am still waiting on my acrylic eyes to come in.
will have to paint the hands to match the face "Skin tone"
and the patches right now are paper cut outs until my patches arrive.
this is obviously still in progress, will keep u posted
thanks for vieweing
DSCF7010.jpg

DSCF7019.jpg

DSCF7024.jpg

DSCF7011.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back