SS Hasbro Tie Fighter - Target Exclusive

redshirt

Sr Member
Sir Steve's Guide Review of Updated Hasbro Tie Fighter

I was walking through the toy aisle at Target and saw that Hasbro has redone the Star War large Studio Scale sized Tie Fighter so that the wings are the right size. Impressive.. Detail is okay from what I can see. $40 bucks buys a cheap Studio Scale model that maybe with some reworking could be fairly nice for the price.

Are there any accurizing kits for this? Or pointers to rework it from anyone/any website?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

....there's a thread about it here somewhere with pix.....I'm going to repaint mine gray and Dremel off the third laser and some other details to make it a bit more accurate....

Originally posted by redshirt@Dec 11 2005, 08:04 AM
If you find the thread please post it here or PM me.

Thx.

Tom
[snapback]1133427[/snapback]​

Try the OT forum. And its not quite studio scale, but cose...

Yeah....looked for the thread....it's gone....too bad, as there was a pic of a Hasbro and SS TIE side by side....it's definitley smaller, but the proportions are fairly close. Just gotta get rid of the 3rd laser, door hinges and some other stuff. For the $, you can't go wrong.....

I know this toy is huge. Yes, taking off the 3rd gun (what's with that?) and the hinge bulges will go a long way to helping accurize this. As well as some paint, some styrene pieces and some painted details.

Tom

Originally posted by redshirt@Dec 11 2005, 08:49 PM
I know this toy is huge. Yes, taking off the 3rd gun (what's with that?) and the hinge bulges will go a long way to helping accurize this. As well as some paint, some styrene pieces and some painted details.

Tom
[snapback]1133880[/snapback]​

....third laser is left over from the old TIE toy mold.....

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back