SS Covered Y-Wing

Whiskey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anyone attempted the covered Y-wing from the SW Crossection yet? It should be fun for those who havent ID'ed all of the parts. I've started my plans.

2zem9n7.jpg

Neat...have you considered the Clone Wars cartoon version, though?

LOVE your Bugs Bunny avatar! :D

I too love The Clone Wars Y! It is soooo different than the Y's we all know. Not only different shapes, details and canopies, but they are significantly longer as well. 38 inches in 1:24 scale! I have three being built currently, along with a fourth being done of the first 'sketch art' version as well. I am excited. :)

That stated.... the covered version of the standard Y will definitely be unique should JP still decide to do it. :) I have been asking around and still have to find anyone that has done one. I would VERY much look forward to viewing this build! :D

Really, they're that different? The "classic" Y really would NOT fit inside the Clone Wars fairings?

Drat.

Really, they're that different? The "classic" Y really would NOT fit inside the Clone Wars fairings?

Drat.

I was a bit weirded out by that as well. I guess we're not supposed to think logically when it comes to this stuff...LOLOL.

Barry Murray came up with the extended lengths of the engine tubes to be 1 "section" longer than what an armored Y would have. Complete speculation, but his example looked and sounded plausible. :) Richard (REL) did quite a great job in re-creating the shape from the original digital files of the show. The curvature of the front is most noticeable. Much more than the ANH Y's.

When they are finished... I will place the studio model Y next to the Clone Y for some comp shots. ;)

Going kinda slow right now.

I have my measurements ready and I just got a second AirFix Saturn V last week. I was also waiting on those Y-wing cockpit heads that was offered a while back. Looks like I'll have to scratch those soon.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back