* Sanded the shells smooth, got rid of the belt clip on back...sanded off the molded mic plate (and fake yellow led), sanded off molded plastic center plate and replaced with real aluminum one.
* Replaced the plastic lid with a custom brass one from Osprey (when he was doing lids)
* Cut out the plastic Moire ring and replaced it with an aluminum one (with wavy moire)
* Added home made mic plate, and actual mic "screen" used on originals (some of you know what I mean, right?)
* Replaced 2 LED lights with new bezels and jewels.
Fun. Looks much better than the original playmate.... see below.
Oh yes. In fact, I just ordered a shipment of phasers and powerpacks to be beamed down from the ship (heaters they're sometimes called).
Seriously though, no. The original only had 2 LEDs and I didn't bother reattaching them. The buttons for the sound effects were also removed and filled in...I have the electronics floating around here, but not in the comm.