Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project.

Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. FREE Model now Available!

I'm on it folks. I have no clue why they Have such a vendetta against left objects today. As the right one is identical to the left. Also, my order hasn't been cancelled and I placed it well in advance of the public. Seems to be a grumpy reviewer for those people. :lol

The area in question is so minute that it's silly. I'll show you all what I mean when I get to my computer.

Oracle:
The nozzle needs to be printed in ultra frosted detail. I'll adjust it so that's the only material available. :):thumbsup

Last edited:
Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. FREE Model now Available!

I have some exciting progress and updates to share today!

First off I'd like to share the first addition I've made to the model after thinking over what Silverskyes and sp1derman have posted.
See my original thought was to use a clear resin to plug up the LED light holes; but then I realized that'd get pretty messy.
Another member PM'ed me about how awesome Frosted Ultra Detail can clear up with a little bit of buffing.
So with that said, I present to you this little gem.
View attachment 102783

View attachment 102784

View attachment 102785

Now due to the size and tight tolerances this piece requires, I strongly suggest this be printed in Frosted Ultra Detail. Downside is it's a $5.35 piece.
A little buffing with sandpaper and some RIT dye should make a great upgrade/addition to your webshooters. Look for the shapeways link in the Junkyard.

Secondly

I might have found two different sources for the lens!
While looking at other projects on shapeways I stumbled upon a Macro lens for the iPhone camera. You have to print the body and order the lens separately from here: Surplus Shed
Coincidentally they have a wide selection of lens sizes, including the one we need! I ordered 3 different sizes to check which one will fit correctly. Downside is they are $4.00 each plus shipping.

Alternately, I found someone who might be able to lasercut the discs out of 1.5mm thick acrylic sheet. I want to verify fitment before I splurge on all the yummy details but the cost would be significantly less than $8.00 for a pair!

How exciting!

Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. Now with fluid meter!

you just keep giving and giving.....I know someone who's getting a Pepperidge farms gift basket for Christmas !!!!1

Anyone have any luck running down the model number on that chip inside the red lense yet?

epilepticsquirl just sent you a PM about this, such a cool project and cant wait to add some of my ideas to the printed versions and see if they work

Question is can he do a pair of lenses for $2 shipped? Yea, that's how great the laser cutter guy is; just waiting on the 3D print to arrive so I can make sure they fit. :love I'm pretty damn sure he had them in the mail before I even paid.

The chip was found by another member, who subsequently bought all the stock. :lol Dunno if he'll divulge the information though; haven't asked.

Last edited:

Question is can he do a pair of lenses for $2 shipped? Yea, that's how great the laser cutter guy is; just waiting on the 3D print to arrive so I can make sure they fit. :love I'm pretty damn sure he had them in the mail before I even paid.

The chip was found by another member, who subsequently bought all the stock. :lol Dunno if he'll divulge the information though; haven't asked.

I doubt he will.I received a pm from him in regards to selling the chips and he stated that he only had enough for his webshooters.

Worse comes to worse ill make the damn chip out of sculpey and cast it in friendly plastic for us.

The way I figure it is, some of our more electronically inclined members *cough* silverskyes *cough* are undoubtedly going to make their own electronics and the center circuit will actually be functional! Time will tell. :)

Anyone still having problems getting them printed with the left face and all or has that been cleared up? I'd like to start ordering myself.

I've adjusted the model to correct that one minor nuance and the polished version is back up. :thumbsup

Re: Spiderman web shooter: An open source RPF collaborative project. Help with scale

I was checking the web shooter out as well but wouldn't be cool if it could really work. With some milled parts slash electronics it could work. I don't know what would be easier milling a fluid cartridge or forging(I have a possible contact with steel forges). So next question is webbing of course fluid wont let you swing that would be dangerous. I have been researching a spider-silk replication.Here is a quick search on wiki:Spider silk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and each type of silk has different properties and the protein for that silk is already been discovered.So pm with any questions about my w.i.p. project.

Lookie what the mailman delivered today, not one but two packages I've been waiting for!
I've got to give a shameless plug to a laser cutter I found through etsy, he does excellent work, amazingly fast turnaround time (was in the mail same day I paid), and fantastic pricing to boot! I'm definitely going to be using him again for any more projects I can think of! He was able to lasercut 50 1.5mm thick acrylic disks to spec for cheap! Check him out!
https://www.etsy.com/people/lasercut

7585603314_6bcee49b07_c.jpg

I also got the glass lenses I ordered from the Surplus Shed. Only one of them, the center, has a flat side to it so we'll see how it fits. Overall I'm not really feeling these lenses too much ($4.00 a pop!) but I'll give it a shot none the less. I'm thinking the acrylic laser cut lenses are going to end up being the real winners. I'll have to pick up some dye next time I'm at wal-mart and experiment with adding a red tint. I've got 50 chances to get them right!

Re: Spiderman web shooter: An open source RPF collaborative project. Help with scale

I was checking the web shooter out as well but wouldn't be cool if it could really work. With some milled parts slash electronics it could work. I don't know what would be easier milling a fluid cartridge or forging(I have a possible contact with steel forges). So next question is webbing of course fluid wont let you swing that would be dangerous. I have been researching a spider-silk replication.Here is a quick search on wiki:Spider silk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and each type of silk has different properties and the protein for that silk is already been discovered.So pm with any questions about my w.i.p. project.

While I can certainly appreciate your enthusiasm to add a cool gadget for the "Advacned Action Suit", let's concentrate on making an accurate replica for cheap. :)

Wow, I wish I had something to offer this thread. You seem to be speeding along with this :) Great work

Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. Lenses have arrived!

With my luck I will never find a lense that fits.
I wouldn't mind paying the $ to print one out.
You guys are great.

Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. Lenses have arrived!

With my luck I will never find a lense that fits.
I wouldn't mind paying the $ to print one out.
You guys are great.

I intend to make them available at cost plus whatever an envelope and postage is. (significantly cheaper than a printed version) ;):thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back