Spider-Man Costume Piece - Are These Legit?

Well the auction states that its from Iron Man, but it looks like he just copied the text from his other auction(s). A lot of times they release these types of cards with trading cards and make them rare to get in a pack.

The pieces or swatches are usually so small they really dont hold any money value. For that price i would say its worth taking a gamble if you "must" have part of the costume.

Yeah, I noticed the Iron Man thing too haha. I think it'd be pretty cool to have, and it's only $10 so I guess I'll go for it. Thanks!

I haven't noticed which company supposedly produced these. I can't see a Marvel or Sony logo anywhere either. Even though those things make me suspicious, I've bought a similar item that claims to contain a piece of a Star Trek Worf costume. There are legit companies that make such items, but it is odd that this company is claiming to have ruined a valuable costume to sell it in 100 tiny $10 pieces.

I haven't noticed which company supposedly produced these. I can't see a Marvel or Sony logo anywhere either. Even though those things make me suspicious, I've bought a similar item that claims to contain a piece of a Star Trek Worf costume. There are legit companies that make such items, but it is odd that this company is claiming to have ruined a valuable costume to sell it in 100 tiny $10 pieces.

I can see where the companies are coming from. I knew someone who had one of the HERO NOES part 5 (i believe) sweaters. He chopped that up into swatches and sold them for $25 a piece. He made a killing selling them at a convention that Robert Englund was at.

I dont agree with the practice but it defintely happens. A lot of times card companies like Topps will do that as well. They say one out of every 50 packs will contain a swatch from <insert movie name>. I know the Harry Potter movies did that as well.

I can see where the companies are coming from. I knew someone who had one of the HERO NOES part 5 (i believe) sweaters. He chopped that up into swatches and sold them for $25 a piece. He made a killing selling them at a convention that Robert Englund was at.

I dont agree with the practice but it defintely happens. A lot of times card companies like Topps will do that as well. They say one out of every 50 packs will contain a swatch from <insert movie name>. I know the Harry Potter movies did that as well.

It definately does happen. There were costume cards for Superman Returns too. But the photo of the Spiderman 3 card seems to show an edition size of 100- which seems like a small edition size for a costume someone has just chopped up. Maybe they just chopped up a glove- who knows? I'd want the seller to identify which company put this out before I would consider it.

Taking a better look at the card it says this was a piece of leg section of the costume and was obtained from the Hollywood Vault. Hollywood Vault was an ebay seller that offered movie wardrobe pieces- since you can actually check Hollywoodvault's feedback to see if they sold such an item, i am more inclined to call it legit now. Good luck.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back