20220512_013139.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 193
  • 20220512_013112.jpg
    20220512_013112.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 184
  • Edo7cWMWkAIR9kS.jpg
    Edo7cWMWkAIR9kS.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 186
Congratulations on acquiring the pieces that you have! They've really turned this project around! I can't wait to see what else comes from this.

Now I am still figuring out how some of these parts connect together and how the animatronics that made them move fit inside, but I am getting closer.

Because they were cable controlled, I think a lot of the two pairs are very similar. From what I've gathered, Flo/Mo cables are more readily seen and I believe a lot of the attachment points also correspond with some of the screw placements on the back of the claws. There's one phillips head on the base of the puppet Flo/Mo version on film that I believe helps pull it closed. Larry/Harry is larger and more "open" so a lot of the cables I believe are wired through interior bores within the claw "mechanisms" themselves. You get to see a few instances on-screen with the retractable smaller claws in Flo/Mo.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone. I know it has been a long time since I have posted anything here. Just know that I have been working on this project with a group of friends and we are getting closer to finishing this. The tentacles and claws are more accurate than I ever thought would be possible and have been built from the ground up since I last posted. We are also working on figuring out a way to make the claws animatronics function, hopefully by remote control. There is a lot to go over so lets get started.

Tentacle segments:
The models of the 3 main segments that make up the bulk of the tentacles are for the most part completely finished.
We have been able to get our hands on several fragments of the original segments, and a prototype segment for an unused version of the tentacles**
View attachment 1574674
and using photogrammetry we have been able to create the most accurate models to date.
View attachment 1574675View attachment 1574677View attachment 1574676View attachment 1574679
So finally we have come to the finished product, and by god the feeling of getting to hold them was incredible.
View attachment 1574684View attachment 1574683
The only other segments that need to be finished now are the three ones that get progressively larger to match the base of the claws.
View attachment 1574685
and you will see why we have run into a road block with them in a bit.

Top Claws Floe/Moe:
Not only were we able to get some broken segments we got a full cast of the closed Flo/Moe claws. and you can see how different it is to the ones I made before.
View attachment 1574686View attachment 1574687View attachment 1574689
So I got to work on modeling the cast so I could reverse the construction and make the internals that fit it.
View attachment 1574691
Here is the model 3d printed and painted by my good friend, he did a phenomenal job.
View attachment 1574693View attachment 1574694View attachment 1574692

However, although the mold this cast was from did get used in the movie it wasn't for any of the scenes where the tentacle opened up. There are many subtle differences between the two. Number of ridges on the claw tip. the spacing and size of the chrome details and screw placement. But the biggest difference was the bevel on the base of the claw that wasn't on this model that allowed the claws to open and close without colliding with itself. But as luck would have it another cast came on the market of the claw that did open up.
View attachment 1574697
We knew there was going to be differences between them, what we did not expect was it to be a lot smaller than the other. So all the work I did on the internals has to be modified to fit in the proper casing, and why I need to redo the three linking segments. I am currently in the process of scanning the new cast and turning it into a printable model.

Bottom Claws Harry/Larry
Things have moved along here quite a bit as well. Although in my previous posts it looked very close to being done, it was far bigger than it should have been. We are very close to being done with the model for these two as well.
Once again we were able to get 3d scans of many prototype parts for Harry/Larry from a source who wishes to remain anonymous, so I can't show you any images of the parts or the scans, but I can show you the results.
View attachment 1574698
Now I am still figuring out how some of these parts connect together and how the animatronics that made them move fit inside, but I am getting closer. Here are some of the WIP images of the prints, and how it compared to the
View attachment 1574704View attachment 1574703View attachment 1574701View attachment 1574700View attachment 1574702
So as you can see things are still moving along nicely here.

Correct! I love meeting other people that know this fact. A few other lesser known facts are the reason why he uses Floe more than Moe to pick up and hold things is because Otto is right handed, so they took greater care to show him using floe more often, and the only two female puppeteers on the team often worked together to puppeteer Floe. I haven't been able to find their names but you can see here here in these behind the scenes images.
View attachment 1574711View attachment 1574712View attachment 1574713
E Harry e Larry têm uma diferença muito sutil que pode ser usada para diferenciar os dois. As três garras minúsculas que cercam seus olhos são opostas. É mais fácil vê-lo nesta imagem aqui.
View attachment 1574714

Como muitos pediram, sim estarei disponibilizando os arquivos do braço. Ele também virá com uma lista de peças necessárias para montar os tentáculos, pois existem muitos parafusos, espaçadores e mecanismos diferentes que serão necessários se você quiser fazer seu próprio conjunto.
Sou do Brazil e não faço a menor ideia de como achar o arquivo stl que você fez.. pode ajudar?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back