Speed Build Honey Lemon for daughters birthday party

Rinzler

So with some help from members here I got a Honey Lemon helmet files modded and threw it together in my very limited free time.

This is not the quality I'd like and I've only really just started on foam work:

Started with this from the file modded by laelle from this site for me:

IMAG0389.jpgIMAG0388.jpgIMAG0387.jpg

Took about an hour to cut and glue, then moved to this step next free time, ears on, plastidip and undercoat.

PDHLH.jpg12805783_10153952348084664_2442950604610609207_n.jpg12794397_10153952348124664_5704961122248256970_n.jpg

This morning I got to throw some paint on it and even stat the frame for the bag:

IMAG0416.jpgIMAG0413.jpg

Hoping this makes one happy little soon to be 6 year old girl :)

Note: I did start a visor but while cutting the plastic a bit flew up somehow got behind my safety glasses and in my eye, so the visor got binned plus she's going to have to eat and drink at the party and the visor would be an issue.

A day off and quick paint job, had a lucky visit from a dressmaker friend who is going to do the dress for free.

Latest pic of helmet, again not a masterpiece as it's rushed and for a childrens birthday party but good practice for foam work

IMAG0422.jpg

Last paint and additions done, time for a bag to go with it.

IMAG0435.jpg

Test fit, and she's super happy as well:

IMAG0439.jpg

Total real time to build 4 hours, total cost of materials is $25 AUS. I had to get local paint shop to match so just needed the foam + paint as already had glue and plastidip for my own projects.

Last edited:
Party was yesterday, she didn't like the belt or collared section but wore the rest. Not too bad for a speed-budget build. The "chemballs" are pit balls with a cermaic magnet inside so they could stick to the magnets glued under bag strap but still taken off and put back on as required.

Honey Lemon Elorah.jpg

So with some help from members here I got a Honey Lemon helmet files modded and threw it together in my very limited free time.

This is not the quality I'd like and I've only really just started on foam work:

Started with this from the file modded by laelle from this site for me:

View attachment 600863View attachment 600862View attachment 600861

Took about an hour to cut and glue, then moved to this step next free time, ears on, plastidip and undercoat.

View attachment 600869View attachment 600868View attachment 600867

This morning I got to throw some paint on it and even stat the frame for the bag:

View attachment 600876View attachment 600875

Hoping this makes one happy little soon to be 6 year old girl :)

Note: I did start a visor but while cutting the plastic a bit flew up somehow got behind my safety glasses and in my eye, so the visor got binned plus she's going to have to eat and drink at the party and the visor would be an issue.
I'd say that is an excellent version to do in such a short amount of time! I bet your daughter was thrilled! What kind of paint did you use, did it stay on your foam well, or scratch off easily?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back