special Los Angeles screening of Silent Running

Carson Dyle

Sr Member
I know it's last minute, but I just thought I'd toss this out if any of you local Silent Running fans are interested...

'Silent Running': An Evening with Douglas Trumbull - Hammer Museum/ Billy Wilder Theater - Los Angeles Daily News

In addition to Trumbull we've tracked down a number of key FX crew-members (e.g. Jim Dow) and serious efforts are underway as of this writing to locate Bruce Dern.

One person the evening's hosts did manage to track down is Cheryl Sparks, who played (if I'm not mistaken) "Dewey" in the film. She and Trumbull have not spoken since shortly after the film was released, so this promises to be a somewhat emotional reunion.

The format to be projected will be a recently restored and remastered blu-ray version of Silent Running currently unavailable via US-compatable formats (Trumbull had the choice of screening a 35MM print or the blu-ray and without reservation he picked the blu-ray).

Tickets are still available, but I imagine it will be a sell-out show.

Hope some of you Old Skool, LA-adjacent sci-fi fans can make it. Should be a fun and unique evening, and one not likely to happen again anytime soon.

Gene beat you to it as he already posted about this.

I was I could make it.

Sounds great about Cheryl.

Give Doug a huge thank you for all he has done.

I was just watching this movie 2 days ago and love it even more that when i saw it in the theatres when it first came out.

It was a brilliant movie on SOOO many levels

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back