Spartan Armor WIP ( its gonna be pic heavy )

echo5633

Just started some Halo armor I've pepped out a few parts and fiberglassed them. I primered, sanded it and started filling in the low spots... I didn't do my best pep job so I have a decent amount of work to do before it meets my standards ( I almost started over but I've done enough pepakura in the last two months to last me a life time...
IMG_20111006_152528.jpg

IMG_20111023_163444.jpg

20120327_021521.jpg

20120327_021531.jpg

20120327_021542.jpg

Nice work! I am about ready to resin/fiberglass my pep. What product did you use to fiberglass your pep and what respirator did you use to protect yourself from the fumes?

I used 3M fiberglass resin I picked up from Lowes. You can get it at home depot and I'm pretty sure pep boys auto parts anywhere like that. The respirator i (acquired) from a previous employer but they sell them in the paint department at most of your local home repair shops or auto body stores same as the resin just ask someone about the filters and they should be able to hook you up with the appropriate rating, mine looks like this
20120327_153802.jpg

20120327_153837.jpg

that might not even be the right filter but I also fiberglassed outside so the fumes weren't really a problem

Hey thanks for the post. I actually found a mask at Home depot for about 30 dollars which made me really happy. On Easter I actually resined my Kamen rider helmet. For the first try i guess it came out okay...they were not joking that it will crystallize in 15 mins lol.

Again thank you for you help

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back