Space 1999: Moonbase Alpha

Captain Sci-Fi

Hi Guys,

Excellent news, Moonbase Alpha lives....

After many years as part of a private collection this prop has seen the light of day again. I was lucky enough to be invited to photograph this model and I am posting a few pictures here, enjoy.

Bernie
Space 1999 Eagle Transporter - Eagle Transporter Models and Replicas

DSC_4830.jpg

Photo 2 is a circular well that has a crack around it's base and is the only evidence of damage during removal from the baseboard, it's noticeable from the outside but needs attention to stabilise it from possible further damage in the future.

DSC_4821.jpg

This is a sizable model with a span as is of 5 - 6 feet when laid out in it's original configuration, see photo 3. This would be larger again if the missing Launch Pads were replicated and added to complete.

DSC_5291.jpg

And close up to highlight the reflective window details:

DSC_5283.jpg

I can hear the opening credit theme music playing in my head!!! Great find and thanks for sharing the great photos.

Last edited:
If you watched the show you'd know that Moonbase Alpha survives just about anything. :lol

Now that clear photos of Clavius Base from "2001 a space odyssey" are available, it's interesting to note how similar the Alpha design is!

img950enh.jpg

Man I hope this piece is kept safe and well. I had the old model kit back when I was a kid and it was so cool. This is just amazing and is a big piece of Sci-Fi history.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back