Someone selling FREE FILES!

CyberPaddy66

I had this in the OT section but someone suggested I put it here instead...

http://lima-lima.olx.com.pe/star-wars-cascos-pepakura-iid-805375096

These guys seem to be selling FREE FILES that are available from loads of places, they obviously don't have permission to sell these files nor do they seem to be hiding their actions.

Does anyone know how to get a website taken down?

I suggest anyone who owns the files that this site is selling get in touch with their ISP and get them banned for selling free files!

Good luck. This ISP is in Peru. They made not abide by internet laws in other countries, and even if they did, they could always say that the file is free, we are charging for hosting it off our site. If they offerred a useless text file with it, they could always claim that they were a Value Added Reseller or something like that.
Best bet is letting Interpol know, but considering that Interpol is looking for big time criminals, having a guy making a couple of dollars off persons who don't know how to use Google, will put this very low on their priority list.

TazMan2000

Following up what TM2000 said....
Your heart is in the right place, and you have done your part to point it out. Thank you.

Pointing it out more now will not change anything. Also, as pointed out here (and on the original location), Portugese (or Spanish) doesn't help people on an English-based site..

I see you have been a member since 2011. You are not new here, or at least you joined quite a bit ago. Your contribution is great, and we do certainly appreciate it. Please read what I say now:

1- File theft happens ALL OF THE TIME. ALL OF THE TIME.
2- We catch and call out people when they are blatant. BLATANT.
3- Most people that steal stuff stay under the radar. They just do it to make a buck or three, and then disappear.
4- It's good that you point it out. But not your job to enforce. Trust me, the people here that get upset will do more than you can imagine.

Just doing my part for the community, I've been making my own files recently (Modelled from Scratch) and I would hate to think of someone other than me profiting from the sale of them which is one of the reasons I now use Ad-Fly to redirect, at least that way if someone does steal my files I might get something back for my trouble :D

On a side note, does anyone else here use Ad-Fly and does it work?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back