Solo ESB Scope Mount questions...

batninja

I know John is pretty much out of the blaster-prop biz, and I've been able to find most of the parts for my new DL44, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me the name of the small black washer he uses for the ESB scope mount. The best I could come up with was a 'counter-sunk washer'. Is that correct?

washer.JPG

I've sent John an email as well for clarification. I know the part is not entirely accurate, but since I'm building MY blaster, I wanted to recreate the look of the one I had stolen a few years ago.

Last edited:
Re: Blast-Tech Part Identification?

I'm not sure on the specific name. But I know scottjua makes accurate knurled mounts for around $20, IIRC. But if you wanted to replicate that look specifically, I'm sure you could go to Ace Hardware/Lowe's/Home Depot and at least find an appropriately thick washer, and a drill bit for countersinking.

John's kits are great, especially when it comes to affordability. However I am pretty sure that whatever he still offers are still exact or mostly exact as what he offered over 15 years ago. Back then we did not know as much of the level of detail as we do now.

The little washer is far from accurate for the knob. It does make a good spacer that you should have between the denix frame and the scope mount. You need a longer screw/bolt and the accurate knob. FYI, I found that using a little JB Weld on the spacer on both sides keeps the mount from pivoting.

If that washer were smaller...it would look like what Obi Wan's transistors sat in.....*grumbles*

close Eric, but Johns parts didn't have a taper but a "stepped" countersunk area, if you know what I mean.

Frank...I just sold my remaining DL44 parts lot, which contained one of BTs washers/ knobs/ however you call it. couldn't you have asked earlier :lol

Markus

I'll send Scott a PM to see what he's making. Does anyone have a decent pic of the mount-side of the ESB blaster? Were they different between the Hoth and Bespin model? What did Luke's look like?

Scratch that (I'll do some searching for pics)...better question: what is the width of the spacer, basically the distance between the mount and the magazine well?

For the outside knob (the hard-to-find piece), am I correct that it mounts from the inside out? If so, if the remaining bolt thread just ground off?

knob.png

I don't think Scott is making them anymore (that's his blaster in one of the pics), so I found a close alternative that will suffice:
scope_mount.JPG

Well, they're finished. I think the substitute washer/nut came out nice! Again, not accurate by any means, but it's MINE. :)

blaster1.JPGblaster2.JPGblaster3.JPGblaster4.JPG

My phone camera putzed out on me at the end (a common failing for HTC One, I hear), so I'll try to get better pics from another camera tonight.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back