Done / Completed Solid aluminum Beskar Steel («COVID BRICKS») - SOLD OUT

IMG_7321.jpg

This is the way.

Looks like my tracking number indicates it made it all the way to my city, and then may have been returned to sender. It went from 7/24 arrival in my city to 4 days of the generic "in transit to next facility message" and then finally it was just scanned today 8/3 as being "Processed Through Facility" in Moscow again...

Looks like my tracking number indicates it made it all the way to my city, and then may have been returned to sender. It went from 7/24 arrival in my city to 4 days of the generic "in transit to next facility message" and then finally it was just scanned today 8/3 as being "Processed Through Facility" in Moscow again...
I see that but I can't explain it. Can you ask USPS about this?
UPD: russian post said that it is a mistake in a system. I think you can get your parcel in your local post office

Last edited:
Has anyone else had any issues with the aluminum black turning brown as it dries? My looked pretty great straight out of the water rinse, but as it sat on my desk drying, it started forming what looks like a rusty patina. Tried cleaning that with alcohol and tried washing it wish dish soap, but it comes back every time.
I'm worried about putting it back in the Aluminum Black in case it obliterates the detail (is that possible?)

Starting to think I might've ruined it :(

Last edited:
Starting to think I might've ruined it :(

I redid one of my bars a couple of times, I removed the blacking with a scratchy pad and reapplied. Finally when I was happy with the result did I sand and polish the raised details.
Although I’ve never heard of the reaction you are getting. I don’t dip mine in water, I run it under a hose. I’ve always gotten better results on my cold blueing on other items doing the same thing.

man i really wish paypal had been an option...but I never got a reply before they sold out despite being on the list. These look amazing.

Thanks iCEM4N and dbuck. I think I managed to dodge a bullet. I ended up washing the brick again and used a scotch brite pad as dbuck suggested. I figured if it started removing the black, it would have removed whatever was causing the rust color on top. Had to use a toothpick to work it out of the logo. But it at least started just looking dull black instead of rust, so I reapplied the Aluminum Black. I assume there's some material loss when it reacts with the aluminum, so I was a bit worried; the ridges already looked like they were barely hanging on compared to when I got it in the mail. But it ended up working out. After sanding with progressively finer grits of sandpaper, the ridges and recesses are pretty much on the same plane, except that the recesses retained the black. So it's a perfectly smooth surface like the real Beskar would be. A happy accident. Did anyone else's end up the same way?
It's not perfect and I probably could've done with a couple fewer strokes with the sandpaper, but I'm happy otherwise.

Beskar.jpg

Yes I got that but when i inquired about a paypal option like many other people, I got no reply and then they were gone. Either way, I meant my reply to mostly praise how good these look and lament missing out, not to berate you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back