Done / Completed Solid aluminum Beskar Steel («COVID BRICKS») - SOLD OUT

For those that received the brick already, was your tracking up to date the entire way or did the brick just show up?

lukyanov Denis, should I be worried if there has been no updates since April 27th and others are receiving it? And I’m in the first group.

I got mine a couple of days ago, and it seemed pretty up to date the entire time. Whenever it would stop updating, it was when it was stuck at a place, like just before leaving Russia, and while on the plane.

I think I may just have been a very lucky member of the second group. EDIT: Never mind, I misremembered, I was in the first group.
It left Russia on the 4th of April.

I almost feel bad posting, after seeing some of the delays going on.

Don’t feel bad, that wasn’t the purpose of my inquiry... just surprised and concerned now.
Do you mean May 4th? I’m in the first group and mine wasn’t shipped until April 21

Anyone else in the 1st group still waiting? Has everyone’s left Russia now?

Mine says processed through a Russian facility on Friday.

It'll be here when it gets here. I have no concern. I ordered something from a Russian Etsy seller a couple of months ago and it's been ready to ship for several weeks, but they weren't able to until a few days ago. Stuff is just now starting to move.

Mine arrived today, so little over 24 hours since first recorded in the UK at Heathrow. I think I was part of the 2nd load sent out, and tracking was up to date except for the long wait between leaving Russian Customs to arriving at the UK sporting office. I guess it just depends how long it takes to get cargo space on whichever plane to going in your direction.

It does make me feel better that those receiving it has been from the UK. So then I presume that everyone else in the US is still waiting?

That said, I would tend to agree that usually things do arrive. The one single time that something never arrived was an aluminum heat sink for my Obi MK1 from of all places........Russia. I really hope this won’t be a repeat......especially since this is by far the best looking brick out there which also happens to be a great value.

Started to try the AlumBlack method on one of the brick, then 1000 grit sandpaper, then 2000 then steel wool.

Still work in progress as the front surface does look a bit irregular on the polish.

Attachments

• IMG_7720.JPG
    IMG_7720.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_7723.JPG
    IMG_7723.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 196
Started to try the AlumBlack method on one of the brick, then 1000 grit sandpaper, then 2000 then steel wool.

Still work in progress as the front surface does look a bit irregular on the polish.
Which Aluminum Black do you use? I see a Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black Touch up that seems to be made for guns. Is that the stuff?

Which Aluminum Black do you use? I see a Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black Touch up that seems to be made for guns. Is that the stuff?
Yes I used the Aluminium Black Metal Finish from Birchwood Casey in the little blue bottles. Worked like a charm.

I have seen as well that is used to touch up scratches on guns, but basically it will blacken any aluminium surfaces, so might as well use it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back