So, why the hating on P2?

Puppyeyes scar was cool? :D

Celtic and chopper were alright (even if killed nearly straight away) but scar was like watching the pred version of the bold and the beautiful.

I actually like P2 for all the reasons that Hez mentioned in the first post. The fact that Danny Glover took down a pred sticks in my craw a bit, but one has to keep in mind all of the punishment it took before it finally bit the dust.
P1 is timeless because it was set in the jungle, nothing really changes and other than FX advancement one couldn't say that it's an 80's movie. Because P2 was in the city it becomes dated. THe cliche gangs, the clothes, the lingo, the vehicles etc.
I really like everything about the P2 Pred (i.e. Bio, Face, Weapons etc)

predator 2 is an awesome film, not far behind P1 and predators infact. i love the city hunter he is only 2nd to wolfie for bad-ass-ness!
i dont know why rr wanted to try and make people forget about P2, the avps fair enough but P2 is a strong predator movie, i dont really view it as a sequal, more like another chapter in the predator saga. "want some candy"...... brilliant!
for me its:
1. P1/predators - can't decide which one!
2. P2
3. AVP-r (only because wolf is so dam cool!)
4. AVP

Forgot to mention also, In P2 we saw an even Darker side to the preds as the hunter toyed with Harrigan, leaving Danny boys necklace hanging from the tree for him to find. I liked that, made it seem as if the pred was having fun winding up his next victim. RR may have said he was ignoring P2 but it seems to me he took a little insperation, paticularly in the first death scene where the preds toyed with the rest of the cast. We didnt see that in P1.

I agree, P2 is an awesome movie that can almost stand out on its own. like you said, it introduced alot of different things that the first movie didn't. I wished that it would go back to having one pred fighting again. AVP sure as hell didnt do them justice by killing two of the three off as soon as they entered a fight

wow! it's news to me learning that P2 was hated. I loved that movie (save for one single scene) I changed status from plain fan to freak fan with it. First of all, the screen time, you get to see him picking up his targets. He actually teased Danny Glover with Ruben Blades necklace, that was wicked. ohh!! the trophy wall...to drool for. The net and the spear, super cool. With the disk I ended up with my jaw hanging. And the slaughterhouse scene; how many shots he received, they were BIG shots and he stood up again.
Every movie has flaws, thing is I didn't give a rat ass to the story or anything else, I just wanted to see the predator. I found it funny and cool to hear him speaking back, mimicking phrases, mocking his prey.

I second your wish, they should go back to having one pred only. They loose the menacing feeling in packs, I mean animal do that when the prey is considerably larger than them, so doing that to hunt humans is kind of ridiculous, even more if they get killed so fast. If just one can create havock, more than one should be like "God have mercy on us"
Unless their compiting for higher count and end up fighting among themselves.

Forgot to mention also, In P2 we saw an even Darker side to the preds as the hunter toyed with Harrigan, leaving Danny boys necklace hanging from the tree for him to find. I liked that, made it seem as if the pred was having fun winding up his next victim. RR may have said he was ignoring P2 but it seems to me he took a little insperation, paticularly in the first death scene where the preds toyed with the rest of the cast. We didnt see that in P1.

'though I hated to see so little of Trejo in action, I really, really loved that scene. one of the best.

I honestly HATED P2 the first time I saw it. But now that I've seen it about a thousand times I don't hate it so much.

My problems with the film:

Danny Glover just does NOT fit as a main character here. He was not terrible in it, but it just seemed off.
Whoever handled the costume choices for the "humans" must have been blind or on crack. Too over the top
The police situation seemed way too cartoonish. Very "Robocop 2/3"
Morton Downy Jr's roll? Just no... no... It added nothing to the film.
Too many aspects of the film reminded me of a Paul Verhoven film (Running Man, Total Recall anyone?)
I didn't care for Gary Busey in his roll.

I'm sorry, but being crushed by a log is nowhere near having a razor sharp blade twisted around in your guts. Screamed like a princess? Please.

Sure, the characters are a little over the top, but for me what makes it watchable is that it isn't just the same as P1, they're just guys dealing with this thing as best they can. Otherwise it's just 'oh hay, more soldiers being killed'.

To take a slight sidetrack, P1 and P2 will always be my top dogs. Why? The preds are tougher. RR can go on all he likes about his ipod predators, at the end of the day, the body count is not in their favor.

P1 - Hawkins, Poncho, Mac, Blain, Billy, Dillon
P2 - Keyes & his team, Danny, Jerry, King Willie, Jamaican Gang, Columbian Gang (both gangs heavily armed and in close quarters)
Underbite - Stans (seriously, that's it)
Falconer - Hanzo (yup, that's it again)
Tusky - Noland, Nikolai (Noland was unarmed)

Hell, Scar was tougher. He at least took out a bunch of aliens and took on a Queen with nothing more than a spear.

I really don't think it's the quantity of kills we should be worried about. Remember that in P1 the predator takes out an American special forces unit (also don't forget he skins the other group from the downed chopper). Whilst in Predators they are hunting the most capable killers Earth has to offer.

But back onto topic, I agree with most of the hating on P2. My extra gripe that I wanted to add was that I really didn't like the design of the predator at all. The biomask and armour all look too tribal for me. But that my personal opinion. I do like the movie a lot more than the AVP's though.

I had a question for you guys though. I heard that the P2 predator was younger and possibly more inexperienced that P1. Did anyone have a direct quote or maybe a clip of a behind the scenes that I can quote?

Too many sandy vaginas, i dont think there would be a (COSTUME mind you )forum for um, if they didnt all kick ass in there own way .we mawed over a movie that was made like 20 plus years ago (you know you still love the P2 dont lie).lol ,even if i do see the flaws and stuff some people mention some people are beating dead horse and and taking grains of sand and making "crab pearls" alot of younger people got remember to the time this was made, the clothes are gonna be "OFF",the cheese factor was different,
and some people bitch about old brown eyes lol come on really ? wasnt that the only "gay" factor about him he ******* smahed aliens through pillars mother ****** lol i blocked the whole ,compasion be my friend and kill aliens with me chick part out!!(which was taken from comics from long ago ) lol i think the P2 predator is break through for us they were more exposed to us as a whole and most of you need to remember that if you ever read predator comics which there are quite a few they did the whole movie in my opinion in "comic book predator style to the "T") most predator comics aside from a few have the same general story , i have most of them , well this is just my opinion and we all are entitled to and for those sandy vaginas and you dont like P2 still i think i read further up in the thread that u are lame and suck balls lol :D (just kidding in case some one is ready to bitch .....you know who u are ! lol)

It doesn't suck at all, I agree it needed more action and there were a few hoaxy things. I really enjoyed as it was done tastefully. It was the early 90s and most movies had assumed L.A. was a huge warzone because of the riots so it was a little far fetched with that.

I like how the predator was drawn by conflict, he hunted down a warrior and died honorably. As mentioned before we saw awesome new weapons, the clan, the first look at their ship and trophie collection.

It sucked in the aspect again of the cheesy hard copy reporter and the drug lord wars. Also Hicks being a weirdo and saying everything is his specialty but those things weren't enough to bring this movie down. I really liked it.

"Hudson...HE's Hicks" *Points to the other guy*

Sorry Hudson, thanks for the edit. I wasn't staying frosty I guess. = /

It's actually - "Hudson sir. He's Hicks..." I love that line. Aliens is a masterpiece. :)

Predator 2 is a 10/10 masterpiece.

Brutal violence, high body count , cgi free, awesome predator design, awesome predator weapons, awesome score by the master Silvestri, sometimes similar to the first movie score, but it has it's own and unique style.

Great action scenes, cool characters, tons of harsh language, Harrigan was sublime as a hard as nail crazy cop who has his car trunk filled with war weaponnery, he is aggressive, this whole movie is aggressive, you can feel the heat, you can feel the fear, the pain, characters smoke cigar, joints, Teri Weigel is naked, you can almost smell the blood.They all scream.

No f*g characters allowed, no love story allowed,no Hollywood puritanism allowed,the story was expanded,the predator species expanded in the RIGHT way.

I will never forget the MPAA, we lost 15 minutes because of their stupidity, and so far no dvd or bluray featured 'em, and i badly wanan see 'em, i'll pay for 'em.

I watched this movie in a theater when i was 10, and since then, i loved it so much...I watched the vhs and the dvd so many times that i lost the count, and i continue to watch it, every weeks.

Predator = 11/10
Predator2 = 10/10

Predators = ZERO/10
AVP= ZERO/10
AVPR = ZERO/10 (But Wolf is 9/10)
Good post! :) I agree pretty much 99-100% of what you said. I will watch this movie over and over again and not get bored and love it everytime.

By the way what the hell is the MPAA??

The Predators at the end of AVP are all dead too since the pred-alien apparently killed them. Some how I doubt that Elder and other blooded predators died to a flawless victory from the predalien. AVP-r shouldn't have even been made. No way did that pre-alien kill all of those predators.

If you didn't notice... which obviously you didn't based on your reply here, the ship that crashed down in Colorado branched off the mothership (if I can call it that). Watch AVP-R again closely during the first 5 minutes. You'll see what I'm talking about.

So AVP's Elder's clan and ship are also still alive out there... somewhere (to the best of our knowledge and imaginations).

I also like the idea of the Lost Hunters still scouring space, but I'm not so sure I'd like to see them in another Predator movie. What was given to us in Predator 2 was just enough to keep our imaginations wandering with possibilities and hope for their return in cinema. It also makes topics like this possible. Don't ruin their story with an ending. The mystery is the best ending I could have hoped for. ** I'm only speaking for myself in the last sentence** Others feel differently I'm sure. The rest of my reply however is meant to pursuade people with my ideas. :)

What I would like to see is a Predator movie that finds a way to fit in a new clan of Predators and their Elder clan leader. And finally a movie where the predators prevail! Take what you will from this picture. It's vaguely what I want to see on film! At the same time it shows exactly what I want to see. You know what they say... "A picture is worth a thousand words." let your imaginations run wild with the possibilities!

**Request** Please don't focus on the old school art (unless you like it and want to/I myself enjoy it). What you see action wise is what I'm pointing out.
scan0001.jpg

I'm sorry, but being crushed by a log is nowhere near having a razor sharp blade twisted around in your guts. Screamed like a princess? Please.

Sure, the characters are a little over the top, but for me what makes it watchable is that it isn't just the same as P1, they're just guys dealing with this thing as best they can. Otherwise it's just 'oh hay, more soldiers being killed'.

To take a slight sidetrack, P1 and P2 will always be my top dogs. Why? The preds are tougher. RR can go on all he likes about his ipod predators, at the end of the day, the body count is not in their favor.

P1 - Hawkins, Poncho, Mac, Blain, Billy, Dillon
P2 - Keyes & his team, Danny, Jerry, King Willie, Jamaican Gang, Columbian Gang (both gangs heavily armed and in close quarters)
Underbite - Stans (seriously, that's it)
Falconer - Hanzo (yup, that's it again)
Tusky - Noland, Nikolai (Noland was unarmed)

Hell, Scar was tougher. He at least took out a bunch of aliens and took on a Queen with nothing more than a spear.

Nolan had his alien weapon. I don't know if it's a Predator related weapon, but Nolan was armed. Watch the movie again. :)

While scar did not have much to work with weapon-wise he did have more than a spear. Watch the movie again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Puppyeyes scar was cool? :)

Celtic and chopper were alright (even if killed nearly straight away) but scar was like watching the pred version of the bold and the beautiful.

Right? Cause Scar's final battle scene taking on a queen alien (the biggest one we've seen on film) wasn't the ****?! Scar may have had puppyeyes - I know what you mean there, but you have to remember the AVP Preds were youngbloods. They were teens for ******'s sake! Of course they had cute big puppy-dog eyes. Scar was still a bad ass though.

Seeing Scar super jump as high as he could to come down with a spin and stick his spear into the Queens head was the ******* ****! ***damnit that was the single best Predator move I've seen on film. P2 had a lot of great action scenes too though. He put in work vs the Jamacians in the penthouse (where he cloak stuck that one Jamacian dude in the stomach with his combi stick). And he also cleaned up nicely on Key's CIA team (falling into the middle of the team/taking his combi stick and flinging someone clear outta sight! lol: yes!!).

P1 - Had some cool kills. How he stuck Dillon with his wrist blades was nice to see.

P2 - The scenes I mention in the above paragraph.

AVP - 1.) Scar mention above. Also love when he broke the neck of the chestburster after it broke outta Sebatian's chest! Awesome scene! And then his snarl after. Classic.
2.) Chopper = zero/a cloak kick to Lex? (Unfortunately wasn't his fault. Blame the script writers.)
3.) Celtic = Lame battle with Grid (although when he threw grid and roared shaking his heads was pretty sweet! :D Again blame the script writers for an otherwise lame battle scene. )

AVP-R - Wolf has a lot of kills and moves, but do any of them top Scar's jumping spinning spear headed stick? Not in my opinion.

PREDATORS - Like some have been saying - Just forget about Predators. I like it cause it's a Predator movie and a part of the franchise now, but I didn't like it because it felt like a knockoff to Predator. I will stick to this everytime - PREDATOR 2 IS THE SEQUEL TO PREDATOR!!! NOT predators. - I put "predators" in lower case on purpose.

So yeah, Scar single best action move!

Jeez we could start a new thread on this topic! What is your favorite Predator fight move? In the thread I'll explain your answer must have been seen in a one of these movies. Predator, Predator 2, AVP, AVP-R, PREDATORS. What do you guys think? Discuss it here? Ignore me? Or start a new thread with this topic?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you've stated what you have Hez. I think it's one of the better sequels to the franchise. I like P2 for the many reasons other have stated. I totally bought Glover though because he was an above average cop that nearly got his ass handed to him. In the final battle he’s struggling just to counter the Preds attacks and that makes his victory that much better. Deep down you kinda always knew Arnie would win. With Glover I had a tiny bit of doubt.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back