So I'm working on a Colonial Marine PT shirt...

Prop-Maker

Since the "Peace through superior firepower" shirts are in the design process and someone else was working on a different kind of Colonial Marine shirt (or something) an idea came to me. I'd like to make some PT shirts that have something to do with the Colonial Marines. I KNOW we've all seen these PT shirts... worn by our fine fighting men and women in the United States Marine Corps during the morning run, in basic, etc.

The more "widely seen" Marines PT shirt:

usmarinesptshirt0yu.png

And this one (which I've never seen before):

usmarinesptshirtii3rk.png

Well, I can't find the right font to do a Colonial Marines PT shirt from the pic on top, but I did find what I THINK is the right font for the shirt on the bottom and came up with the design in the picture below.

uscmcptshirt7jp.png

What do you think?

You know I thought about that. But it occurred to me that the USCM being the product of a Hollywood film, perhaps the C (for "Corps") was left out accidentally or because it seemed like too much. Most of the Marines I've met have always made darn sure they added the word "Corps" when IDing themselves as Marines. "So-in-so, United States Marine Corps. How's it goin'?" So I thought since one of the PT shirts I'm basing this design had the C at the end, maybe this should too. But this is more of a speculatory item, since this particular shirt isn't really seen onscreen or whatever, I guess it doesn't matter. Here's an improved pic, below.

uscmptshirt8rq.png

Originally posted by dropshipbob@Mar 15 2006, 03:24 PM
Good idea.  We can never have to many USCM themed shirts. :)
[snapback]1206237[/snapback]​
I agree. That's why I'm doing this. :D Something like this would go great with my USCM dogtags. Anyone figured out the font on the first shirt? I'd love to get a shirt like that which says "Colonial Marines" instead of just "Marines".

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back