So. Cal. Photo Shoot Interest Thread

Star Wars Chick

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Tired of crappy photos of you in your costume in bad lighting, surrounded by people at conventions with ugly backgrounds making it almost impossible to do anything cool with your pictures? Would you like to have high quality photos of your costume that you can use on your website, print off, photoshop, or just to admire your hard work or hard earned money you've spent? That's why our very own Brak's Buddy has invested a lot of time and money in photography equipment and learning how to make our costumes look the very best they can. We did our first photo shoot 2 years ago at Dragon con for our friends and have been taking pictures ever since. We have recently made 2 trips to Chicago to shoot our friend's costumes- many of whom you will recognize in the pictures below. He also has taken all of the photos of me in my costumes.
www.swchick.com

Well guys and gals on the West Coast, Brak's and I are heading to sunny Southern California and are planning to do a photo shoot provided there is enough interest. The plan is for Sunday April 30th all day, and if needed, Thursday April 27th after 5pm. If there is an overwhelming amount of interest, then maybe another day if we can. Thanks to boba_fetts we will have access to a real photo studio which will be a real treat... So, this is what we need. We need people because if we don't have enough interest, we can't make this happen. I do not have a price yet, as that will be dependent on how many we get in on this. The thing is, we need to be able to cover Brak's travel expenses out there. Now, this is NOT limited to RPF people. If you know people in your 501st garrison, Rebel Legion, friends, family, whoever that would want to have some really awesome pictures taken in their costume, they are more than welcome. This can be any costume provided that it is not obscene. You can either post here, pm me, or email me at miraxh@thedentedhelmet.com. What I need to know at this point is who is interested and what costumes you are wanting to have pics in. Once we get a count and know what we have, we will work out a schedule and give you all the details on pricing, times, how to get ready for your pics, etc. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Each person will receive a cd of all their pictures and are free to use them as they would like.

Below is a sampling of Brak's photography:

aeon_flux2.jpg
c_uscm.jpg
cg.jpg
clone_emp.jpg
jodo_boba.jpg
jose_indy_02.jpg
turo.jpg
mike.jpg
vader.jpg

1.TimDrakeRobin - Robin, Green Lantern, Bucky
2.Darth Brass
3.Utinni-Colonial Marine. Ghostbuster, poss Ren Faire costume

Awesome idea. Too bad I'm 3000 miles away from you. I hope they make a website and post some of the good ones.

Originally posted by Darth Brass@Mar 4 2006, 03:04 AM
Would "non-costumers" be welcome?

I need new pictures for my website of me with my horns. 

Maybe two outfits?
[snapback]1198543[/snapback]​
Sure, we can do that as well.

I wish you guys were in the north Texas area instead of the SoCal area, because I need some awesome pics of my costume for an upcomming web site.

.....plus I'd finally get to meet Mirax in person... :love

Best of luck to everyone, be sure to share pics of your costumes with us.

Wouldn't happen to have any additional pics of the Crimson Guard, would you?

Good luck on this. I hope enough people sign up for this to happen :)

Originally posted by James Kenobi 1138@Mar 8 2006, 10:06 PM
I wish you guys were in the north Texas area instead of the SoCal area, because I need some awesome pics of my costume for an upcomming web site.

.....plus I'd finally get to meet Mirax in person...  :love

Best of luck to everyone, be sure to share pics of your costumes with us.
[snapback]1202023[/snapback]​
So. Cal is only a short plane ride away..

Here's another Crimson Guard pic

Originally posted by Mirax H@Mar 8 2006, 01:51 AM
You and Tracy should come down for a shoot.
[snapback]1201085[/snapback]​

Would love to come down... we have our own studio set up, so the photo part is taken care of (if we would just take the time to do it lol) but it would be cool to see you guys...

Sadly, I don't think we can get down there during that time. If something changes, I will let you know.

Originally posted by Zendragon+Mar 9 2006, 04:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zendragon @ Mar 9 2006, 04:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mirax H
@Mar 8 2006, 01:51 AM
You and Tracy should come down for a shoot.
[snapback]1201085[/snapback]​

Would love to come down... we have our own studio set up, so the photo part is taken care of (if we would just take the time to do it lol) but it would be cool to see you guys...

Sadly, I don't think we can get down there during that time. If something changes, I will let you know.
[snapback]1202583[/snapback]​
[/b]

Well let us know if you can, would love to see you guys again.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back