So. Cal. Photo Shoot Interest Thread

Those are some fantastic photo's.
Unfortunately we are located in NY, I'd love to participate in this but your all just too far away. Please pass on my compliments though, the quality of the photography looks excellent, and the craftsmanship on the costumes appears top notch.
You are inspiring me to catalog some of the Hangar 18 groups costumes in a similar manner.
Scott

Originally posted by Hangar18Studios@Mar 10 2006, 05:34 AM
Those are some fantastic photo's.
Unfortunately we are located in NY, I'd love to participate in this but your all just too far away. Please pass on my compliments though, the quality of the photography looks excellent, and the craftsmanship on the costumes appears top notch.
You are inspiring me to catalog some of the Hangar 18 groups costumes in a similar manner.
Scott
[snapback]1202889[/snapback]​
Thank you very much. And glad we can inspire.

Ok Gang. I donÂ’t have times set up yet, Art and I are working on that. But I do have days set up for everyone as follows:
Timdrakerobin and Darth Brass on Thursday. Utinni and Moore 3160 on Sunday.

Pricing will be as follows: $40 for one costume shoot and $10 for each additional costume. We may have to limit everyone to 1-2 costumes, depending on how many people we have. I still have 3 more possible people to schedule. I will have a better idea once we have final commitments from everyone. What I need to have from each person as their commitment is a $25 deposit by April 1st. This will go towards your sitting fee and the balance will be due in cash at the time we take your pictures. This deposit is non-refundable. After shooting your pictures, we will burn you a copy of all of your pictures which you are free to use as you wish  Deposits may be paypaled to miraxh1138@yahoo.com If you canÂ’t use paypal, contact me and we can make other arrangements.

We need some information from everyone. We need your first and last name, address and phone number (preferably a cell # that you will have the day of the shoot if we need to contact you). We also need to know for sure how many and what costumes you want to bring. If we can do more than 1, we will, but like I said, it depends on how many we wind up with total. If you have more than 1 costume, plan to stay a while as we will probably be rotating people around to allow you time to change costumes. If you need to contact us while we are in Calif, my cell phone # is 928-279-7095 and ArtÂ’s (BrakÂ’s) is 678-517-8381. We will be staying at the Embassy Suites 3100 E Frontera
Anaheim, CA , 1-714-632-1221. We will be shooting at a photo studio located at 3071 E Ceena Ct, Anaheim, CA 92806.

To help us help you look your best we need you to do a couple things for us. It helps us greatly to have pictures of poses that you would like to do. This gives us a good starting point so start researching your character and bring photos of poses that you would like to do. If you find other poses that you want to try that arenÂ’t of your character, bring those too. Practice posing in costume in a mirror. This is the single best thing you can do. It gives you a chance to see what you look like, what looks good, what looks bad, and to make you feel more comfortable with posing. Practice really makes perfect. Also keep in mind that the more dramatic the poses, the better they look on film. Also, when in costume, it really does help to try and become the character. Do what Fett would do. Act like a stormotrooper. It really does help if you know your character well. This will be very tiring, so make sure to eat and drink (no alcohol) before you come and stretch before you suit up. You might be sore after posing from having to hold your poses so be ready.

Just pm'd everyone with their times. And for anyone that is not having pics taken but would like to hang out, you are welcome to come down. We will be shooting on Thursday April 27th from 6pm to about 9:30pm and on Sunday April 30th from 9:30am to 12:30pm and then again at 2:30pm till about 5pm. Again, no alcohol please and please remember that we will be shooting and can't have folks disturbing the people when they are photographed but we will have a separate area for folks to hang out and chat :)

Man, I need to do a photoshoot like this of Maul. A friend of mine was just telling me the other day I need to get some professionally done. Just need to put another costume together and don the horns again.
Any trips to Vegas planned? Would love to see your sandy in person.

Do you guys think there's enough people in the NY, NJ, Philly area to consider making another shoot around here?

I know I'd be in. :D

Guri

:confused: I am curious, do you have any sample images of this past weekend's shoot? I saw some examples from a friend of mine who went and they looked great.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ez022341 @ May 3 2006, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1237808[/snapback]</div>
:confused: I am curious, do you have any sample images of this past weekend's shoot? I saw some examples from a friend of mine who went and they looked great.
[/b]

Here are a few from my shoot on Sunday

12019315241.jpg

12018080971.jpg

12018230924.jpg

12018225228.jpg

12019164415.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bleyd @ May 7 2006, 11:02 PM) [snapback]1240380[/snapback]</div>
Love that trooper pistol and the hockey gear looks like you had lots of fun at the shoot.
[/b]

Yep it was a blast, good to finally meet people i had known for years.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back