Snowtrooper Duster

StudioCreations has a good site witha few tips on making your own. It's well worth a look, even to give you a sense of how it goes together. Hope that helps a bit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tambo Fett @ May 3 2006, 09:02 AM) [snapback]1237530[/snapback]</div>
Was size are you? I might have a extra one for sale (only 1)
[/b]

I've seen the SC site and it would help if I knew how to sew aor knew someone who did.

I'm 5'6. A little too short I think. I've trimmed my armor and it still is too big. So I'm going to put it on a mannequin. What size do you have?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IanL @ May 4 2006, 05:32 PM) [snapback]1238503[/snapback]</div>
Sign up over at the 501st Snowtrooper site www.blizzardforce.com/forum There is a member there offering to make dusters and pouches for interested parties.
[/b]

I am or was a member there. Not sure if my account got cancelled or not. There was never any activity going on so I never checked.

General Mayhem - I have this pic. Can't remember where I got it.

I'm not sure how accurate that is but it looks good to me.

Now that I see that pic, I'm not sure if the originals were fleece or wool.

Hi there.

I spoke to my dress maker ( She owns the local costume store ) about a duster for my snowy. I showed her the picture that is in this thread ( See post # 10). I told her I wanted to make it out of wool. She said that her friend works in a Second Hand clothes shop and they quite often get in second hand white wool blankets. She said that even with the cost of her time – the jacket should only cost $40 - $50.

Good luck.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ May 5 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]1238995[/snapback]</div>
Nice of her to do one for so little money.

I added a quick writeup on my site to offer the Duster to those that don't have a local seamstress to put one together for them.

Snowtrooper Trench Coat
[/b]

Nice work. When I get the cash, I'll be in touch.

the original dusters were made out of polar fleece, that pattern is pretty dang accurate. anyone interested in getting one of these, pm me. I've got a line on them for about 150 a pop

Being a Florida Snowtrooper, I opted for a more "survivable" fabric than wool. I used a cotton fabric that was not to light, but definately not wool or fleece. For the "skirt" portion, I double plyed it so it would be heavier and have more "swing". I just used an XXL t-shirt (I wear XL) as a template. I cut it up the center and copied the size. Turned out nice.

Scott

well, that polar fleece is kinda hard to get ahold of these days anyway. I do favor the hevier fabrics though as they'll hang better and look better in pictures. I've never been a fan of having my skirt billowing around me in parades. looks ridiculous, and always pissed me off when I saw after-event pics. ya just gotta find a white fabric, that gets nice and chunky/fuzzy, put some batting in to weight it down if ya need to.

I sewed the "skirt" part like a pillow. I drew the shape, then sewed along that line with another piece underneath. I left the top opened and then turned it inside out. Worked great and gave it plenty of weight.

Scott

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back