Snowtrooper Ab/ Han's Hoth communicator DIsk **Mint Thermostat Found 04/06/21**

it may say "Master Member" under your name, but you are a master hunter, especially for these thermostats

Received my new Snowtrooper armor from Laws today. I didnt mention it before but I loaned him one of my thermostats to produce molds from to use for his kits.

It's nice to see some forward movement and this is a very clean cast

20190227_192820.jpg

Well I can say I really lucked out again.

The wildcard piece was certainly something I was stressing over but when I opened the package and unraveled the bubble wrap seeing this gorgeous piece, I was giddy. I then realized I'm possibly the absolutely lone person to get this excited about some really old and dirty dishwasher thermostats.

I've never seen these with a rubber gasket before in all my research so this is something new to me. It quite certainly suggests that the thermostat is installed inside the main compartment of the washer that gets filled with water. And yes, this rubber gasket is kind of gross. I will be cleaning both up. Fortunately, the original one I feared had corrosion indeed does not. Just a layer of crud that needs to be scrubbed off. It appears to possibly be some kind of limescale, so I think a vinegar bath will do the trick.

I am now thinking once I clean them up and get my one loaner back, I can mold all 4 at once together.

20190304_173040.jpg

20190304_173121.jpg

20190304_173117.jpg

20190304_173111.jpg

20190304_180001.jpg

I think I found a source for brand new ones in France. I tried purchasing 4, bit it would not accept either of my credit cards. If someone manages to purchase some could they PLEASE order a few for me?

I really hope this is the jackpot it looks like it could be.

EDIT:
I removed the link because something seems fishy. Google "Eaton 9160000 4 Tag T120 2A 250v 123948, Capacitor or Thermostat" if you want to take a look and see if it looks legit. It's not the one on eBay.

Last edited:
Something doesn't feel right. I hope I didn't just post a scam site. I locked my cards in case. Geez, I hope this site is legit.

Last edited:
The domain name is legit, so I don't think you should have a problem with your cards. I think maybe the reject was either because of the origin of the sale, France versus US, or that the item was sold and something wasn't updated and got lost is translation. The eBay listing of the exact same part used the same photo and same description.

Hopefully it was someone on the RPF that won the auction.

it took took my payment info and it seemed to drift off to hong kong then crash the page, then i googled the customer service email and it definitely looks like a scam :sick:

on the actual website it does say ( Transaction Message: high risk refuses )
the order page says ( Payment Fail )

it took took my payment info and it seemed to drift off to Hong Kong then crash the page, then i googled the customer service email and it definitely looks like a scam :sick:

on the actual website it does say ( Transaction Message: high risk refuses )
the order page says ( Payment Fail )

i found another website and they both seem to be using pictures from that old eBay auction
so stay away run for the hills (n)

Yea guys that's an old Ebay sale. It was sold shortly after we found them last year. Theres a bunch of sites that aggregate Ebay listings, new or old, to act like a middle man so to speak

So I just checked my credit card and I had already it deactivated, so that might be a reason it rejected. Should be safe.

A few years ago I tried to make a purchase from the UK and it was rejected.

I was then called by my bank and told that the (US) government doesn't want money going out to foreign countries.

I didn't have any problems using PayPal.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread. At least we know that new ones exist; somewhere.

Well, actually, the ones you guys were looking at is from the company called "EATON" and was made sometime later in the 80s. I reached out to EATON asking about this particular piece and I received a response that they sold it off to another electronics company (no specified date). I need to follow up with that company to see if they have anything new

I just shot a message to the other company now and will see what they say. If they had made any (I haven't seen one from them yet) it certainly would not be vintage, but if it helps lead to finding more, I don't think I'll complain.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back