Snowspeeder that's seen better days

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Building my Nick-made Snowspeeder, finally! I chose to make this an open-paneled affair, and it will be non-specific to any hero model, since it's more fun (and I don't feel the need to swap out the technically incorrect details)... I did remake the canopy though!

IMG_1078.jpgIMG_1077.jpg

It's pretty fun to make a unique one and with all those straight angles, it is easy to do with your eyes closed - a pure pleasure!
10401945_10152969092368156_9015976514516269922_n.jpg10675509_10152969092333156_3576513532122058152_n.jpg

I cut myself a lot!
She's all clamped down for the night with JBWeld, buttoned up with a little armature/mount for the 'ol Panavise. Man, this design is hallowed, but it's a shame the pilots have to be amputees to fit!

Yep, the greeblie guts are looking great:cool and as for the pilot being amputated, you can't say that the Rebel Force aren't an "equal opportunity employer":D

That reddish/rusty colour looks good...need to find some of the same type of perforated grating for my Space Station:)

It is Gort (aka Nick Sainton-Clark)'s kit, which was sold to Neisen after he made a handful of kits (this being one of them). It is a WEIRD fiberglass, almost like papier-mâché. Kind of hard to work with compared to resin, as it is very brittle. But so far so good :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back