Snowspeeder Studio Scale Project

natty15d

Can somebody please help me out & scan the pics of the studio scale Snowspeeder model in the Star Wars Chronicles, The Art of The Empire Strikes Back.

Im looking for a good front on, side rear, top bottom shots to start a set of plans.

Thanks
Nathan
icon_smile.gif

Don't tell me you plan to build this thing! I actually had plans to scratch build one after I finished the walker, but it seems that the CC X and SP Tie is getting in the way.

Steve.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
STEVE THE SWEDE wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Don't tell me you plan to build this thing! I actually had plans to scratch build one after I finished the walker, but it seems that the CC X and SP Tie is getting in the way.

Steve.

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Ohhh yes!!!!

I want to do the 32" Falcon but i recon making that as my first scartch built would be a huge undertaking so i want to start on something alittle smaller first.

Im going to build it in 3d first to prove it works thats why i need the scans.
icon_smile.gif

Nathan

Here are the first pics of the plans ive been working on of the studio scale Snowspeeder.

The top half looks pretty good so far, just got to puzzle out the bottom half now.

test2.jpg

test1.jpg

test3.jpg

test4.jpg

Nathan
icon_smile.gif

Looks good from above, and the basic 3D models are looking good, but the real detail and pain of the SS is getting the underbody right... the vent and panel work is a little intricate. Easy to cut and thankfully angular, but it will be a bit tricky. Have you modeled that yet?

It definitely is a pretty cool model but as far as accuracy goes... sorry. Well it does not match my reference pics... of course there were a good number of these made, and based on how different supposedly "the same" AT-ATs were I would expect the snowspeeders to vary a good bit from model to model. Its still very cool though,...want to sell it
icon_wink.gif

Jedi Dade

Hi natty15d...

Are you still working in the snowspeeder?
My currently project is this ship, also! But I'm having a lot of problems with my plans! Big part of my drawings are finished.
Your drawings looks great!
I would like to talk with you about...
icon_smile.gif

Adolfo duarte

Funny,.. I had actually built, what turns out to have been about Studio Scale, a cardboard Snowspeeder when the Empire Sketchbook was released back in the day. It only had the front and back views in it along with other concpet art using the front of the Y-Wing as the basic shape. Ahhhh memories.

I would love to hear an update of this as well. Guess the pics were removed for copyright?

Well thank you sir, i intend to get back to it soon, the underside takes some figuring but once i get that nailed i can carry on with gun boxes and repulsors etc, figuring the cockpit tub depth was a pain, then i found some ref showing the pilots were just torsos that the armature passed through. Took a lot of head scratching though lol. Hoping to fit servos in the flap/engine box assemblies, then rig them to my KO tranny for some working prop action lol.

<div class='quotetop'>(ralphee @ Aug 11 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]1298587[/snapback]</div>
Ralphee.... that is awesome... I would love to see that finished.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back