Snow/Frosting Effect for Costume?

NoTsOsErIoUs

Anybody have any ideas as to how to add a Snow/Frosting type appearance to costumes?
Say for example you want to give the appearance of having just walked in from a blizzard.

These aren't the best pics, but when me and a buddy did the Nazi zombies from "Dead Snow", we had to make it look like we risen from the snow. I lightly dusted the areas with white spray paint and 'flicked' white paint from a toothbrush to give specks. I then brushed on fabric glue and threw decorative white sand at the glue areas and knocked off what didn't stick. For built up area (shoulders and helmet) I glued bits of cotton balls down, then did the same thing with the sand. I'll see if I have any better pics when I get home this evening.
8118_1123724776462_1327396041_30335025_4789034_n.jpg

8118_1123724656459_1327396041_30335022_4338428_n.jpg

Trying to remember where I saw it, but if I am not mistaken, you can use melted/dripped candle wax on fur, hair or wool to make for a frozen look.

Here are a few more pics that might help. After looking at it up close again, I realize I left out a step. I also crushed up a bag of clear plastic beads and mixed those in for a kind of icy effect. ** Disregard the brown stain. I think that was Jager.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back