Snaps kit..

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Darth Clayton, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Darth Clayton

Darth Clayton Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Where is the best place to pick up a snaps kit? I have a couple places I want to replace some velcro with snaps on my clone..

Any help would be much appreciated.. :D

DC

BTW here are a few pics in my new clone from last weekend (first time out..)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wackychimp

wackychimp Well-Known Member

Great suit.

I've just gotten my snaps at WalMart. You put the "male" end through a small square of ABS and the "female" end on your strap. The ABS square makes it really easy to ABS glue into your suit. Works great for me.

:D

3. SWFreak

SWFreak Well-Known Member

4. Darth Clayton

Darth Clayton Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Do I need both the setter and the anvil?

Thanks.

5. SWFreak

6. JUDGE_HELLFAST

JUDGE_HELLFAST Well-Known Member

Nice suit, Darth Clayton. I have been searching for a nice pair of boots from nursing shoes to shrimping boots. I definitely am not going to waist my coin on caboots. Yours look fantastic. What did you use for your boots?

7. bleyd

bleyd Sr Member

Most fabric stores carry them too and come with the anvil and setter. I picked my snaps gun up fairly cheap. It works great but if you want your snaps to run flush with the ABS use the anvil and setter. It's a bit more work but worth it. I personally prefer the gun as it's much easier to set and I can do it with very limited space.

8. bleyd

bleyd Sr Member

Most fabric stores carry them too and come with the anvil and setter. I picked my snaps gun up fairly cheap. It works great but if you want your snaps to run flush with the ABS use the anvil and setter. It's a bit more work but worth it. I personally prefer the gun as it's much easier to set and I can do it with very limited space.

9. TD5422

TD5422 Well-Known Member

I would have to agree with the Tandy Leather suggestion. Since they are for leather they tend to be a little longer, that helps with varying thickness of the ABS

10. SWFreak

Just be sure to buy the correct length. The link posted is for a "Line 20" snap. It has a post length of 3/16". There's also a "Line 24" which has a 5/16" post.