Snaps kit..

DarthJ

Sr Member
Where is the best place to pick up a snaps kit? I have a couple places I want to replace some velcro with snaps on my clone..

Any help would be much appreciated.. :D

DC

BTW here are a few pics in my new clone from last weekend (first time out..)

2940013060079227608yVLMqu_phMedium.jpg

2828815610079227608nOaQQj_phMedium.jpg

2622033310056610878GLSncJ_phMedium.jpg

2301298990056610878AZIhsW_phMedium.jpg

Great suit.

I've just gotten my snaps at WalMart. You put the "male" end through a small square of ABS and the "female" end on your strap. The ABS square makes it really easy to ABS glue into your suit. Works great for me.

:D

Nice suit, Darth Clayton. I have been searching for a nice pair of boots from nursing shoes to shrimping boots. I definitely am not going to waist my coin on caboots. Yours look fantastic. What did you use for your boots?

Most fabric stores carry them too and come with the anvil and setter. I picked my snaps gun up fairly cheap. It works great but if you want your snaps to run flush with the ABS use the anvil and setter. It's a bit more work but worth it. I personally prefer the gun as it's much easier to set and I can do it with very limited space.

Most fabric stores carry them too and come with the anvil and setter. I picked my snaps gun up fairly cheap. It works great but if you want your snaps to run flush with the ABS use the anvil and setter. It's a bit more work but worth it. I personally prefer the gun as it's much easier to set and I can do it with very limited space.

I would have to agree with the Tandy Leather suggestion. Since they are for leather they tend to be a little longer, that helps with varying thickness of the ABS

Just be sure to buy the correct length. The link posted is for a "Line 20" snap. It has a post length of 3/16". There's also a "Line 24" which has a 5/16" post.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back