SMT "Aliens" Drop Ship

JPolacchi

Sr Member
This is a subject I am at odds with because I sell really old/out of production/rare kits every so often, but I don't know much about "Alien(s)" kit subjects.I never knew they made one, but apparently (at one time) SMT made a really big Drop Ship from Aliens. How much would one of you who knows about the value of "Alien(s)" kit say that SMT kit is worth?I've no idea and am trying to get my bearings on it.It finishes at 22" in length when assembled apparently.Its really big,I've no idea what the scale is.

It's a good size but there's a lot wrong with it. I personally would not really want one unless it was absolutely dirt cheap. A friend has one and had to discard the entire nose - in fact by the time he's finished with it there will be very little surface area left that isn't heavily modified and reshaped. So it depends on the likely eventual buyer. If you get a fussy sod like me, the value is 'not much'. If you get someone who just wants a big dropship...urhh...dunno! Coupla hundred?

I know someone who is selling one for $500.Granted it is probably super rare and it is an SMT kit,but it sounded a tad high to me.What would you say...$150-$200 for it,or am I being too cheap?How's Rod coming along with the Argo. H.K Tank?

The last one I saw on ebay went for close to $500 but that was months and months ago. I really wanted one because of the size and there wasnt anything to compare to it even with its inaccuracys. If you want it because its an SMT kit then you probably dont have much of a choice as they are pretty hard to come by.

Last edited:
I sold mine to a buyer in Switzerland last fall for $675. It's worth that much to that guy. I regretted selling. The kit was well cast, and looked pretty acurate to my eye!

KK

Here's what the kit looks like:

smtdropship.jpg

Personally, I love my Aoshima die-cast with APC.

I would say that if you want that kit then you should get it as chances of finding another one thats still in kit form are very slim. Im not sure what the kits original price was my guess would be between $200 - $300 and the rarity of the kit just adds to the price. Im pretty sure if he put it on ebay he would get much more for it than what hes asking. At the end of the day if your happy to pay what hes asking and you really want the kit then you should get it as if your anything like me when its to late you will sit back and think "damn i wish i got it". If worst comes to worst after you have it you can always sell it if need be.

Wow. Had no idea those had surfaced.

I've been boring people to tears for years banging on about how the dropship cockpit wasn't flat-sided. Sweet, sweet vindication. Now...if only I could remember who it was I was arguing with. :lol

Thanks for the excellent links!

Back