Smooth cast into latex?

Vandark

Sr Member
Is there anything I can cast smooth cast into other than silicone rubber?

Latex, plaster, or even clay maybe?

Not a massive amount, just a teaspoon full?

Thanks

I learned to cast custom heads using brush-on latex and Smooth-On white resin. I dust the original with a little talcum powder before applying the latex. Once the mold is thick enough, I also dust the outside with it so it doesn't stick. Also works as a mold release if you reuse the mold.

I learned to cast custom heads using brush-on latex and Smooth-On white resin. I dust the original with a little talcum powder before applying the latex. Once the mold is thick enough, I also dust the outside with it so it doesn't stick. Also works as a mold release if you reuse the mold.

This is great news, thanks! I've got a ton of latex, but ran out of silicone and only need to cast a small part.

I've been told that latex molds don't last as long as silicone, so that's something to keep in mind. I keep meaning to buy a silicone starter kit, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back