Smooth cast into latex?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Vandark

Sr Member
Is there anything I can cast smooth cast into other than silicone rubber?

Latex, plaster, or even clay maybe?

Not a massive amount, just a teaspoon full?

Thanks

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

T2SF

I think it works in nearly everything :) At least those you listed above. Contact Smooth On :)

Bizarro Lois

Sr Member
I learned to cast custom heads using brush-on latex and Smooth-On white resin. I dust the original with a little talcum powder before applying the latex. Once the mold is thick enough, I also dust the outside with it so it doesn't stick. Also works as a mold release if you reuse the mold.

Vandark

Sr Member
I learned to cast custom heads using brush-on latex and Smooth-On white resin. I dust the original with a little talcum powder before applying the latex. Once the mold is thick enough, I also dust the outside with it so it doesn't stick. Also works as a mold release if you reuse the mold.
This is great news, thanks! I've got a ton of latex, but ran out of silicone and only need to cast a small part.

Bizarro Lois

Sr Member
I've been told that latex molds don't last as long as silicone, so that's something to keep in mind. I keep meaning to buy a silicone starter kit, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.