"Smiley" Predator concept

alekszandor

Greetings!

Been here a while posting and lurking and just admiring a lot of superb work and I am in the progress of making my own first Predator costume.
The idea for the concept for my proud warrior of Yautja that I have dubbed "Smiley" (not from the Predator in the AVP: Civilized beasts I might add) is that during one hunt(maybe during the bloodening ritual/hunt haven't decided yet...) he was attacked by a facehugger and saved by his (twin?)brother that removed the facehugger but of the cost that his mandible-skin(cheeks for a human) was ripped and later (crudely?) sown together again resulting in a kind of scarred resemblance of a smile therefore I call him "Smiley". :) And I am also planning on creating a special bio for him that has a way to show this.
This is my first sketch of the design. I printed out a simplified picture of the Wolf bio but I'm intending to not work with that as a groundbase. The horns and stubbs wasn't quite what I wanted...
IMGP0509.jpg

The lines around the eyes were added by me to kind of personalize it, because my nickname is "Kråka" which is swedish for Crow and my favourite movie happens to be just The Crow! But my nickname was actually given to me for other reasons. The lines around the mouth part are not the same on both sides because I just found that I like it better this way. I think it gives a kind of realism to it and not just two perfectly identical "smile lines". I intend to have all the details kind of "cut-out" or engraved.

Please skip everything about a "The Dark knight"-rip-off. xP

As for a couple of extra things I plan on making for this costume is a pair of Yautjastyle tojo-blades, kinda like Van Helsings but each driven with a motor instead of the constant pumping mechanism that his were supposed to be driven by! :D

I'm still working on the backstory and concept of "Smiley", and I'm thinking of some kind of incident that his brother died in some kind of heroic, inspiring, way. Any suggestions are appreciated! ^^ I'm still reading a lot of books with predators in focus but right now I am in a setback because I lost my copy of Alien vs Predator: Prey when I was on the bus home from buying materials for my costume, so I have to order a new copy of it so I can complete it and start reading the next one!

But look at me babbling! :lol: Sorry, first time really posting...

I await your 2 cents so to speak!
//Alekszandor

IMGP0509.jpg

Welcome to The Lair
Interesting design u got for a pred, i've never seen anything like it.
Hope it goes well for you...hope you enjoy ur stay here, goodluck on ur build :)

Thanks!

Yesterday after the post I started sketching on another bio design, I'm gonna try to finish it and clean it up and up load it during the day.

I wanted to have a predator that has been through stuff and has the scars to prove it but not so big scars as the Wolf! :)

I like your concept. An its always great to have a backstory behind your Predator, helps you get into character a bit more when your out showing it off =) I cant
wait to see your build. Good luck and keep us posted, a lot of new guys just post up on here then leave.. =P Oh and Welcome to the Lair!!

Yeah, I'm an old RPG/LARP player so I make a concept and a backstory a little now and then! :D
But I started to think a little... (Me and a friend have made a saying of our own: Thinking is the first step toward a catastrophy...) :) How the hell did Smiley survive removal of a facehugger?! :S All the movies say that removal of the facehugger results in the hosts death... >_< Should I just ignore this little bump in the concept or should I somehow fill it in?

As promised I have finished my other bio skecth and I'm gonna upload it here.
IMGP0510.jpg

It's more of a menacing grin this way, but I'm not sure what to do with the mouthpiece between the to jaw parts... I'm thinking that I'll maybe gonna put some theeth and/or fangs/tusk there. Still I'm not sure I'm gonna use this idea anyhow!

I'm gonna keep posting to show my progress so I can get some feedback from my ideas. :lol:

IMGP0510.jpg

Just got an idea about Smiley! What if he not only ripped his cheeks(can't find a better word for it) one or two of his lower tusks/fangs were broken and it was replaced with fangs/tusks made of some kind of metal? That one or two of his tusks/fangs would be made of silver/similar colored metal. Would it be to flashy for him to have that?

Well I mean if you looked at the dog from Alien 3 He had marks all over his face from the face hugger, so the concept is wicked cool. If it had just happened, Im pretty sure
a Predator could find a way to remove it. Maybe finding a way of unwrapping the tail first, then pulling it off somehow. You could always make exceptions to the rule and bend
them a bit. Hell I sure did for my characters back story =P

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back