Slipping Shoulders

Tetsuo

Excel was a good run on whats wrong with my suit, biggest problem being my shoulder bells slipping off CONSTANTLY >.< can anyone help me on how to attach em properly?
other issues i had were the dreds snapping, my mask moving round on my head... my cloak being pinned to me and my skin riding up round the waist. anyone got any sujestions? collector mania is a week tommorow and ive got a weekend free to rectify the issues.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

heres a pic of my suit..
12733_173052491244_733191244_339356.jpg

12733_173052491244_733191244_339356.jpg

Maybe your mask and your costume (upper part at least) is too big for you.

it is, pretty much everyone knows that im only 5ft 4 size 10, im piddly. not much i can do about it tho, i cant get a smaller mask. i get pretty fed up of the midget comments tbh...¬_¬

I use velcro on most of my armor. You can get it in 6 foot sections from ebay 2"x6' . One side sticks on like tape but i added rubber cement to make a stronger hold. Just glue one side to your skin and also glue one to your armor section. After glue sets then you can stick the velcro together. As for the mask I would foam feel it this would make it a tighter fit for your head. Also add the velcro to the back of the mask. And i use clip on suspenders on my skin bottoms so they want slip down and give the bagy pants look. Place velcro around the top of pants and also the inside bottom of the skin top. This should fix your problem of the top raising up.

I use velcro on most of my armor. You can get it in 6 foot sections from ebay 2"x6' . One side sticks on like tape but i added rubber cement to make a stronger hold. Just glue one side to your skin and also glue one to your armor section. After glue sets then you can stick the velcro together. As for the mask I would foam feel it this would make it a tighter fit for your head. Also add the velcro to the back of the mask. And i use clip on suspenders on my skin bottoms so they want slip down and give the bagy pants look. Place velcro around the top of pants and also the inside bottom of the skin top. This should fix your problem of the top raising up.

Good call, that's pretty much the solution for this.

Also..if you attach the belt to the bottom of your torso skins then let it hang over the pants, there will never be a need to tuck the top into the bottoms...the belt creates the "division line" the illusion is complete. suspenders are a god Idea..been using them on all my suits ..keeps everything where it should be. An alternative to velcro is rare earth magnets. I use them in my suit for my armor placement. that way if you remove the armor, the skin is unmarred by the velcro

The mask you have does not look oversized. It looks good with your body sizing. Pred heads are supposed to look large anyway.

i guess when so many people say the same thing to you, it ends up being true lol

I said that from the start. If anything a small headed Pred would not be "Screen Accurate" if there is such a thing. I love your head both of them. Tia is spot on this time, your suit is awesome and don't let anyone tell you different. X X

Also..if you attach the belt to the bottom of your torso skins then let it hang over the pants, there will never be a need to tuck the top into the bottoms...the belt creates the "division line" the illusion is complete. suspenders are a god Idea..been using them on all my suits ..keeps everything where it should be. An alternative to velcro is rare earth magnets. I use them in my suit for my armor placement. that way if you remove the armor, the skin is unmarred by the velcro

Ptgreek,

Excellent ploy, lining up the bottom of the torso skin to the bottom of the belt, then everything gets hidden :D

Tetsuo,

I love the suit, great job ;)

---
Ei'luj

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back