Slappy Head Sculpt

Jaeg

So I am in the progress of trying to sculpt Slappy's head in Zbrush so I can use my 3d printer to make a functional ventriloquist figure . Here are my results so far.

slappy wip.png

I've got a lot of tweaking to do and the ears are being difficult.
On a side note, if anyone by chance can already make castings of Slappy's head I'd be willing to buy one and go that route instead. I know a place called "TheScaryCloset" makes non functional replicas recast from the original. However I've contacted them before asking about a blank casting but never heard back.

Funny thing is i got this in the works as well trying to make it functional with another member on here. The Scary Closet doesn't do blanks i asked them in person, pretty much they want you to buy the whole doll. So far they got the best replica out there, just because it was casted off the original head.

That's a bummer that they don't do blanks. Are you sculpting yours digitally or in clay?

Last edited:
That's a bummer that they don't do blanks. Are you sculpting yours digitally or in clay?

A reason why i have this in the works is because they don't do blanks. Wasn't looking to spent around 2k and up for a puppet that didn't move. I have a member on here doing it in Zbrush as well.

That's awesome! By chance can I get that file when they are done? Mine well make a cool figure but I have doubts I'll make him look close enough to the source material. I have experience in making files into stls for printing and printing in general (I have a Makerfarm I3v) if you'd like help.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back