Skywalker Ranch Archives Flythrough

Although you may see the replicas "mixed" with the original props, the Archives does keep each piece tagged, and inventoried as such correctly. There is no mistaking a screen used piece for a replica piece with in the Archives. Lela French is a very good Archivist and made sure they were designated appropriately.

Also bare in mind that Lucas Films keeps many replicas, and uses them as decoration within the several business units at the Ranch, and former Presidio. They are not meant to fool anyone, and they are labled as such either with the manufacture name plate (eg Master Replicas) or the original manufacturers stands. Using these pieces allows the experience of Lucas Films heritage with guests/ employess while not putting at risk the original props. Also Lucas does infact rotate original props every 6 months or so in special displays throughout his properties. So you get a good mix.

Biggest nerdgasm ever!
One question though, do they have a full time curator to take care of all this wonderful stuff, or a maid to dust it off or something like that? We wouldn't want all those preciouses to get damaged.

Wow! Very cool video. Thanks for the link. One thing that I didn't see......I guess the Jar Jar stuff must be at another top secret more secure location.

do you guys know if any of the props used to film star tours are in the archives currently? I saw a picture of the maintanence bay door prop in a picture from the archives but i am currently looking for some refrence photos of the fuel tank at the end of the movie. if you have any information on it can you post it in the studio scale fuel tank thread or pm me. thanks!

do you guys know if any of the props used to film star tours are in the archives currently? I saw a picture of the maintanence bay door prop in a picture from the archives but i am currently looking for some refrence photos of the fuel tank at the end of the movie. if you have any information on it can you post it in the studio scale fuel tank thread or pm me. thanks!

I am not sure about that, but I do know that Disney Archives has two of the robots that fly the shuttles. I believe one was featured on the D23 Armchair Archivist. Should be on YouTube.

I would be great if a professional photographer was able to shoot the archives in detail and maybe a nice book would be published with everything featured.

The Best of the LFL Archives book is great, but not as thorough as it could be.

I would be great if a professional photographer was able to shoot the archives in detail and maybe a nice book would be published with everything featured.

The Best of the LFL Archives book is great, but not as thorough as it could be.

It's a great "best of" but yeah, they've got a LOT that didn't make it into that book. I don't even know that you could do a physical book. Just so many items!

Tom

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back