Skull Trophy

PRED1535

As the debut of my Predator was more succesful than i imagined, i have started to put together some add ons, carry withs etc.

will be adding dread rings soon, and a few bone necklaces and trinkets etc

However i always wanted an excuse to carry a skinned skull and spine with me in civvie street, so after sourcing a local supplier of anotomically correct skulls, bones and human bits n peices, on ebay, $80 later, I have a skull and right hand

the hand has enough bones to make a necklace and or hang a finger or two from different parts, if i so desire

the skull, well jaw bone actually, will hang from my belt. (pretty sure i saw that in one of the flix)

A spine is en route as we speak and will be secured to the skull, which thru trial and error (ok i fluked it) now looks like i just hunted some poor dude who cut me off in traffic and peeled his head like an onion, thanks to mixing tamiya 'flat red' and modellers 'white scenic glue' into a flesh like mixture.

it dries quite quickly, so haste is of the essence, majority was applied with a cloth, and the chunkier bits a small brush..

however this quick dying actually left a 'skin' on the mix, which i was able to use as pieces of mmmmm lumpy flesh

finished effort is much better than i anticipated....thoughts?

predtrophyskullmmm7.jpg
predtrophyskullmmm1.jpg

th_predtrophyskullmmm3.jpgth_predtrophyskullmmm2.jpgth_predtrophyskullmmm4.jpgth_predtrophyskullmmm6.jpgth_predtrophyskullmmm5.jpg

will add to this once spine arrives

A spine is en route as we speak and will be secured to the skull, which thru trial and error (ok i fluked it) now looks like i just hunted some poor dude who cut me off in traffic and peeled his head like an onion, thanks to mixing tamiya 'flat red' and modellers 'white scenic glue' into a flesh like mixture.

it dries quite quickly, so haste is of the essence, majority was applied with a cloth, and the chunkier bits a small brush..

however this quick dying actually left a 'skin' on the mix, which i was able to use as pieces of mmmmm lumpy flesh ;)

finished effort is much better than i anticipated....thoughts?

When I made my skull/spine, I used red food coloring mixed with Elmer's glue and dipped toilet paper into it. It made nice gooey hanging strips and chunks.

Looks good. I found Fake blood, mixed with the cotton for halloween spider webs, or pretty much any cotton batting works well. gives a sinewy feel to it, and really makes it look like connective tissue, as well, it dries darker, like actual blood.

Throw the spine on there and lets have a proper look!

the ebay seller who sold me the skull has sent a box of an unassembled anotomical skeleton, minus the skull for the cost of postage,,,$20 scooooore

so ill be making a necklace out of hands and feet bones,as well as the spine to attach to the skull,

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back