Skinner (Short Blades Expert) Custom 7In. Predator Figure Pic Heavy

Sorrow

Hello predheads! I did say I have 2 customs in the works and this is one of them. Took me awhile too finish him probably the longest to complete. I really tried my best to give him a different feel and look shying away from brown, grey, black color schemes. I decided to go for a leopard or cheetah look on this guy. Hardest part is sanding down the nettings and painting his blind eye to be equal as the good one. Now for the fun part. I tried to capture Wolf's face pre-damaged by re-sculpting parts of his face and fangs. I love the articulation in his arms it just increased his poseability in many ways. Most of the armour is from McF figures that I dremelled and transplanted. I switch to citadel paints on this project and they are very nice compared to tamiya( just my preference). His weapons are as follows twin sorrow blade (hehe thats its real name by the way) throwing dagger, machete, and a small axe. His also got a real chain that's attached to his trophy skull first one he's killed when he was a youngling.
Hope you enjoy this and feel free to comment.

SNV34064.JPG

SNV34061.JPG

SNV34057.JPG

SNV34041.JPG

SNV34012.JPG

SNV34021.JPG

SNV34069.JPG

SNV34066.JPG

SNV34016.JPG

SNV34011.JPG

SNV34009.JPG

SNV34010.JPG

SNV34065.JPG

SNV34062.JPG

I switch to citadel paints on this project and they are very nice compared to tamiya( just my preference).

I read in some forums that Tamiya paints dont go well with NECA figures. Someone said the paint doesnt stick properly with the plastic (even when you use a primer) and the rubber parts starts to flake off after some time. Is it true?

This citadel paints are better in this way?

The paints you used for the rubber parts (dreads) are the same for the rest of the body?

I read in some forums that Tamiya paints dont go well with NECA figures. Someone said the paint doesnt stick properly with the plastic (even when you use a primer) and the rubber parts starts to flake off after some time. Is it true?

This citadel paints are better in this way?

The paints you used for the rubber parts (dreads) are the same for the rest of the body?

First of all thanks for the appreciation. Right 1st and foremost, make sure you wash the figure thoroughly with soap and warm water using a brush to ensure that paint sticks to the figure. I even wipe mine with alcohol after washing. Tamiya is oil based that's why it needs acrylic thinner( you can also use water or alcohol yo thin the paint) over time cause they get too thick and sticky and will be useless. Tamiya will stick just fine to neca figs. Citadel is water based that's why you don't need any thinner. That's the main reason why I switched and blending colors is so much easier. Now for the dreads your right tamiya will crack and flake on bendy rubber I know cause I tried. Citadel was much better though it did flake its not as bad as tamiya and I'm sure if I applied several thin layers results would have been much better. For your last question, yap I did use citadel both dreads and body.

I used tamiya on my previous customs and they stayed alright even with out the use of a sealant. But if you keep boiling your figure the colors will change. I haven't done this to citadel yet.

First of all thanks for the appreciation. Right 1st and foremost, make sure you wash the figure thoroughly with soap and warm water using a brush to ensure that paint sticks to the figure. I even wipe mine with alcohol after washing. Tamiya is oil based that's why it needs acrylic thinner( you can also use water or alcohol yo thin the paint) over time cause they get too thick and sticky and will be useless. Tamiya will stick just fine to neca figs. Citadel is water based that's why you don't need any thinner. That's the main reason why I switched and blending colors is so much easier. Now for the dreads your right tamiya will crack and flake on bendy rubber I know cause I tried. Citadel was much better though it did flake its not as bad as tamiya and I'm sure if I applied several thin layers results would have been much better. For your last question, yap I did use citadel both dreads and body.

I used tamiya on my previous customs and they stayed alright even with out the use of a sealant. But if you keep boiling your figure the colors will change. I haven't done this to citadel yet.

Thank you very much for the reply! You're the best!! :)

One last question. These paints also go well with epoxy? :ninja:

Hey thanks Sorrow... I am slowly coming along on it.

I must say though, this piece you did is AMAZING in it's execution. Seriously mad skills brother.

This is VERY creative and very well done. Excellent job! I think the dreads would look better black, to match the dark armor, but it's easy to look past that considering the quality job. Again, very, very creative work. I like how you put it together, love the poses your custom can pull off. Great contribution.

This is VERY creative and very well done. Excellent job! I think the dreads would look better black, to match the dark armor, but it's easy to look past that considering the quality job. Again, very, very creative work. I like how you put it together, love the poses your custom can pull off. Great contribution.
Thanks for the nice comment, really appreciate it. I initially painted the dreads dirty white then went back to black they were nice actually.

Thanks for the nice comment, really appreciate it. I initially painted the dreads dirty white then went back to black they were nice actually.

Nice Work. Really love the posability. Nice skin colors too. I had tossed the idea around of trying to paint up a predator with like snake skin patterns, or maybe tiger stripes, but I can imagine that would be pretty time consuming so I put it aside lol.

~CYCLONE_06

@REYALS- thanks again slayer, good luck! I know it's gonna be amazing.

@Tribal- Good choice, I used that too, good luck!

@~Cyclone_06-Thanks for appreciating,he's actually got 18 pts. of articulation instead of 16. Cool ideas, I might steal one of those hehe.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back