Skin and shin paint up

mortenharket

Sr Member
Hi all,

Just wanted to share some pictures of the skin (from jaqthelad on fleabay - pretty good skin) and shins (from Manowar - fantastic sculpt :) ) that I have had both painted up by Usurper. The pictures were taken by Lee, and I have used his pictures because I only have a camera phone at the moment and it does no justice to the superb job Lee has done on these items. The skin tone on the skin is slightly soft which was at my request, but the amount of detail and effort that has been put into it from Lee is fantastic, there are subtle browns and a few veins popped in for good measure. It really does look even better in the felsh The shins are finished with a matte effect (Lee asked what type of finished I wanted and felt a slighlty matte effect would help give a weathered effect). There is also plenty of detail on the shins and anklets, with different shades of silver etc. Overall I couldnt be happier, so a big thank you again to Usurper for doing such a great job, always a true gent and got the items back to me really quickly. Also another big thanks to Manowar for the great shins :cry:

One for the brits on the lair here or anyone that watches topgear, I officialy nominate Usurper as the "Stig" of the hunters lair. "Some say he can complete a P2 paintjob in 2 hours blindfolded......... with his feet. And that he drinks xenomorph blood to cure a cold?!?! All we know is......he's called the Stig"

Jon,

So glad yo like them :)

I have to say the shins were a pain in the ass, Scott put so much detail/nooks/creases/edges i had to paint them from seeral different angles lol. All good fun.

Hopefully the softer skin pattern matches up to the head and legs ok.

as for the STIG comment, thats too funny, my wife commented that i look like a , and i quote " WEIRDO" laughing at my laptop.

Yeah, im really chuffed with them Lee :) I had a little test fit with the legs and mask and they all match and look the bomb. So another huge thanks for all your efforts on my pieces. Im not going to put any more pics up until I get the skin foamed and fitting me properly and I look more like a pred/

I get comments like that off the gf all the time, I dont think theres a day goes by that she doesnt call me a geek

Jon,

Something to consider, TRIM the suits opening instead of foam filling it, if its too big in that regard, packing with foam , will make a bodybuilder type pred, again of course unless thats the look you are after, the arms are another issue though, looking forward to seeing how you attatch them hehe.

anyway goodluck.

Xcalibor.

:)

stellar job on the paintup lee.....

Turned out really well Jon your a lucky man

Jon lee raises a point there that i am curious about... how the **** are you gonna attach the arms..

ahhhh I have a few ideas Colm lol. Im thinking of attaching them to an undersuit of some sort or having a lycra joint between the arms and body. The body fit is pretty much fine, I might have to trim about 5mm from the arm openings to make sure my shoulders stick right through (either that or get hammering some shoulder pressing, but because of a torn anterior deltoid thats perhaps out the question). Then touch up the edges with a bit of black. But yeah as Lee said, the arms are a different matter lol, they are huge and need padding and I might trim the shoulders down even more to minimise the "bulk". Like you said Lee, I dont want a body builder pred :). Im more for the thinner/agile design. Im actually not put off to much by the seperate arms, if you can get them to fit well and attach them perhaps it will allow for better movement?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back