Sith Trooper armour

I have been working on a near-movie accurate sith trooper armour set for about a month. I have finished almost all of the armour with only shoulder pieces needed and detailing. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make the shoulder pieces at all? if so any help would be great.View attachment 1280471View attachment 1280469

Last edited:
Hey 2187

The shoulder bells look to be close enough to the regular First Order ones that you could start with those as a base + add the corrugated bits & greeblies.

What’s your “medium” of choice - Pepakura, Vac-form, Resin? You should be able to find pep files for FO bells online. I did is quick search here and found rubensdelima doing a full First Order trooper from pepakura; but the thread is pretty old. Might be worth a shot looking into his models.

- Steve

Hey 2187

The shoulder bells look to be close enough to the regular First Order ones that you could start with those as a base + add the corrugated bits & greeblies.

What’s your “medium” of choice - Pepakura, Vac-form, Resin? You should be able to find pep files for FO bells online. I did is quick search here and found rubensdelima doing a full First Order trooper from pepakura; but the thread is pretty old. Might be worth a shot looking into his models.

- Steve

Thanks for the advice Null
My medium of choice is cardboard at the moment, only because i don't have any resin as i have only just ordered some. Vac-form would be my preferred choice as it is so easy to do once a mould is made, but i am trying to get the materials needed without having to order or go anywhere.
I will have a look at the thread and see if i can find anything on papakura.
Will

Just had a look at the thread, see what you mean by it might be old (2015!)
Do you have any advice on how to make the main rifle used by Sith Troopers at all, without being arrested, or know anyone who might know how?
Thanks

Hey 2187

- Steve
Just had a look at the thread, see what you mean by it might be old (2015!)
Do you have any advice on how to make the main rifle used by Sith Troopers at all, without being arrested, or know anyone who might know how?
Thanks

Hey

Which rifle are you looking to make. This one?
FTrblJ4.jpg

To me it looks kinda like “modernized” DC-17m, you could probably get away with using that as a base. There should be tons of pep files online for that one. You could also use any of the First Order trooper weapons and add some red accents to match your armour. That being said it really depends on what level of “in film accuracy” you are going for. Is your build just for fun or is it going to have to meet 501st standards?

Do you have any pics of what you’ve got done on your kit so far?

- Steve

Hi
Thanks for the advice
Yes it would be the rifle from the picture
The build its self will be for fun, mainly its something to do during quarantine
I will attach the pics

Will

Nice!

Decent start; what paint did you use on the red parts; thats looks to be a dead on good match!

My only criticism (i know you didn't ask - so take it for what its worth too you) might be the size of the chest plate armour. It looks a bit big, although adding the shoulder bells might balance things out.

Looking forward to seeing more

- Steve

Hi thanks for the reply.

Yes i realised after taking the photo that the chest plate was too big, i have since cut it down to a more accurate size.
I used a shock red spray paint for the leg pieces and helmet.

Will

Nice!

Decent start; what paint did you use on the red parts; thats looks to be a dead on good match!

My only criticism (i know you didn't ask - so take it for what its worth too you) might be the size of the chest plate armour. It looks a bit big, although adding the shoulder bells might balance things out.

Looking forward to seeing more

- Steve
Hi,
IMG_3428[1].PNG

I was wondering if you might have any idea on how to make these: see pic attached
I have since made a lot of progress on the armour (pic 2 )
Since time of photo improvements made are: shoulder bells, shins, forearms and cod piece
Thanks for any help you can give me!
Will
IMG_3427[1].JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back