Simple ST:TNG-style light field jacket

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Cristar Attevan, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Cristar Attevan

Cristar Attevan Member

Hey, guys... just thought I'd share a pretty easy custom jacket with you.

I was in Walmart the other day, and I saw these jackets with red torsos and black shoulder/sleeves. Of course the color scheme reminded me of the Star Trek TNG-era uniforms, so I thought that with a couple of patches, it might look like a lightweight field jacket of sorts. I found a couple of patches on eBay-- a comm badge, UFP, and an "away team" patch. I also found a custom embroidery vendor on eBay who does things like name tags, etc. They had "rocker" patches for which you can choose any color and text, so I did black background, red outline, and silver letters (for the name and registration number of my ship). I thought they'd look good over/under the away team patch. They were also able to do a very small patch that resembled rank pips for me as well.

Super-simple... just a couple of patches on a jacket, really... but I thought it made a really nice piece. Nothing nearly as complex as the TWOK-era field jackets, of course. It's more like an Enterprise-era jacket, I guess.Thanks for looking! :thumbsup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JediJayne

JediJayne Well-Known Member

I love it! It's a very cool way to make a wearable costume piece