Silent Running Detonator Key

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm looking to build a 3D model of the detonator key from the end scene of Silent Running. Anyone have screen grabs, examples, anything?

Has anyone done these before?

...Anyone have screen grabs...

Silent.Running.1972.BRRip.XviD.MP3-RBG.avi_snapshot_01.24.30_2017.05.01_17.58.11_zpsrq51eicw.jpg

More here http://s145.photobucket.com/user/robn1/library/Screen Grabs/Silent Running

Awesome. Thanks ... I was doing the same thing (taking screen grabs from YouTube) ... Attached is by first pass on capturing the geometry of the key.

The bottom is interesting. There are two pins. You can see the large one in one of the screen grabs. They likely correspond to the holes you see in the fitting where the key inserts. The bottom will have a slight cavity, where the two pins come out of.

Because my client wants to print this out of Silver on shape ways, I need to have a couple openings in the bottom to make the key body hollow.

A start.

SilentRunningKey.jpg

Attachments

• SilentRunningKey.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 91
Some changes based on conversations with the client .... Not sure if the "tab" details are accurate, but they are likely.

SilentRunningKey2.jpg

Made some final dimension tweaks based on screen grabs and moved into 3D ... It's a two piece assembly to make printing and polishing easier. I ran a copy out on my Makerbot just to get an idea of scale and geometry. It;s rough but I think I nailed the proportions. The final file will be uploaded to shape ways ... My client wants on in Polished Silver.

SilentRunningKey.jpgScreen Shot 2017-05-10 at 2.33.30 PM (2).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-10 at 1.11.27 PM (2).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-10 at 2.33.47 PM (2).pngIMG_7143.jpgIMG_7142.jpgIMG_7141.jpgIMG_7139.jpgIMG_7144.jpg

thanks for your answer, this is great, I wasn't sure the shapeways aluminium could look that good. You mean that shapeways polished it for you as well? didn't know that option was possible. thanks for all those news. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back