Silent Hill 2 - Overview Map

deadbolt

Sr Member
I had finished this recently and thought that some of you guys/gals might enjoy having an uber-accurate printable version of this map.
I made it without any 'rough paper' texture intentionally so that it can be printed on actual textured paper and look correct afterwards. I also lightened all of the colors a bit since the in-game map was meant to appear as if it was lit in the low-ish lighting Silent Hill is known for. So once printed and viewed on a cloudy, foggy day, it should look just like the in-game map.

I made all of the line edges hard so that I could alter the colors easily as desired. But it's plenty large enough so that the pixels aren't visible in the least once printed in the correct size.

If you post this elsewhere, which I don't mind, all I ask is to give due credit for the work involved in making it. Many hours went into making this map accurate.

Here's the actual in-game map for reference, and to establish a correct texture for the paper needed:

outmap_zpsshvv7s8r.png

And here's an in-game view of the map that will help with scaling. You'll need to add a slim white border to make it fully accurate. I haven't gotten around to printing it yet myself, so please feel free to post your results and the paper you used!

6_zpsalgotfy3.jpg

Now you have no excuses for getting lost in Silent Hill! ;)

-Carson

P.S. Had to attach the new map through the RPF here at the bottom, rather than through photobucket, as they auto resize all images now..:unsure

Attachments

• final.png
    359.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
No problem, I added the link in the first post. :thumbsup

Sometimes you can save the original just by right clicking and saving it the usual way from here, but I've had problems in the past with photobucket not saving the full-sized versions of photos doing it that way.

-Carson

Thanks dude. So awesome. I'm putting one in my car just incase I get the chance to scare the s%*£t out of someone, :lol

It looks like you could print it on a slightly textured paper like that cheap stuff road maps come on from the look of game photo.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back