Sideshow/Legacy Life-size 'The Child' figure

Cool, Ill try that. Im still having trouble with the shoulder and hip swivels being really loose, I tried to get some expoy in there t tighten them up but it didnt do much, same with nail polish. Going to try some plumbers tape. If that doesnt work, I may try trapping the whole body in gauze and see if that tightens stuff up,

Managed to tighten up the joints with these little rubber hair ties, now his arms can stay straight out and he doesn’t topple over when standing. Also used a few layers of hair scrunches around the neck to hold up the robe.

757AE587-B220-4096-ADF9-DBFA159EEFEE.jpeg
E91EB769-0588-4E6A-AA1F-80AAE8E2D9A1.jpeg
9F34B755-8DE1-439A-B0DF-1391B66068BE.jpeg
60EC5F62-7BB8-44A2-B29A-8B7FD6EC2D65.jpeg

E0mNxY9WYAAZZN4?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Last edited:
There’s been a couple of pictures from different collectors posted over at the Sideshow Freaks site showing the rubber failure of the Hot Toys Grogu.

41590F8E-2B97-475D-9A41-74B5E934C031.jpeg

I’m glad I chose the Sideshow version, but I was tempted to get the Hot Toys one as well. I guess I’ll wait to see if there are more of these types of damage.

My Bill and Ted 1/6 scale figures that just came out this year also had rubber failure. Both of my figures arms that were posed just like they have advertised are now torn at the elbows. I guess this might not be a good year for poseable rubber figures.

I wouldn't buy anything rubber from hot toys. Too much failure in the past. I absolutely love thier Dark Knight trilogy Batman stuff but will never go there just to waste it on something so expensive that fails.

Ben

I wonder if they were holding the bottom of the chin down while closing the mouth. I’ve have mine in the closed position for 2 weeks and just opened and closed it a few times without an issues I left it slightly open just incase we will see

I’m so glad I got the Sideshow figure! Hot Toys normally knocks it out of the park but this is a total fail!

Yeah, given all the horrible things my brother said about the rubber on the Dark Knight Trilogy figures.... I decided against the Hot Toys. Glad I bought the Sideshow!! I love it!! Your mileage may very.

My Sideshow piece will still be intact 20 years from now. The Hot Toys will deteriorate long before that.

I wonder if they were holding the bottom of the chin down while closing the mouth. I’ve have mine in the closed position for 2 weeks and just opened and closed it a few times without an issues I left it slightly open just incase we will see

The second picture was posted on the Let Your Geek Sideshow Facebook group. According to her, she never even took it out yet and just checked to see if there was damage by pulling down the robe collar and found that it was already torn under the chin.

There’s been a couple of pictures from different collectors posted over at the Sideshow Freaks site showing the rubber failure of the Hot Toys Grogu.

View attachment 1454348

I’m glad I chose the Sideshow version, but I was tempted to get the Hot Toys one as well. I guess I’ll wait to see if there are more of these types of damage.

My Bill and Ted 1/6 scale figures that just came out this year also had rubber failure. Both of my figures arms that were posed just like they have advertised are now torn at the elbows. I guess this might not be a good year for poseable rubber figures.
This is not Hot Toys.
This is either the animatronic Grogu, or one the hundred other Grogu dolls.

Whoops - I might be wrong here.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back