Sideshow/Legacy Life-size 'The Child' figure

A little disappointed that this final Maquette looks drastically different from the "prototype" they sold us on at the beginning of 2020... Clothing is drastically different, and the sculpt/paint looks noticably different as well.

However at this price point, it certainly is a must and I am looking forward to receiving the little guy.

Just wish it looked like the one in the original promotional images.

Image left us what they released when I ordered (late last year)

Image right is what was just released today.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1603170463844.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1603170463844.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 263
Just wish it looked like the one in the original promotional images.

Image left us what they released when I ordered (late last year)

Image right is what was just released today.
Second that. Now those pictures looks like before and after the beat down the scout trooper gave him.

With all the horror stories and past misses from Sideshow, I’m impressed that they even got this close. It’s not exact as the prototype, but amazing for a mass produced piece. If there are no further issues with what we actually get sent, it was money well spent for this quality.
CB8E9D7A-2BA5-4FA4-B28F-648A46BC4BEE.jpeg

With all the horror stories and past misses from Sideshow, I’m impressed that they even got this close. It’s not exact as the prototype, but amazing for a mass produced piece. If there are no further issues with what we actually get sent, it was money well spent for this quality.
View attachment 1360054
There are some differences for sure but the production model also suffers from unflattering lighting and camera angle.

Note how in the prototype the lighting keeps the neck in shadow making a more flattering frame for the face. This same lighting is most likely washing out some of the the subtle facial details on the production model.

Also note the the prototype has a just a bit higher camera angle (you see less of the nostrils). Ask any teen girl you loves posting selfies, a higher angle is better.

I'm really glad they added those changes to it. They really didn't have to do so.

I'm guessing the control knob and base are magnetic. It doesn't seem like they're using any pegs.

The image from the presell was a copy of the filming puppet in silicone. The production copy is resin. (According to my current understanding which may be subject to change)

The clothing will need some futzing and maybe some paint/weathering. Other than that, it's not bad at all, especially now with swivel articulation in the head and the removable base.

I understand the Child can stand on own with no issues, but not a fan of the foot peg to hold the figure in place, does not seem very stable.
Sideshow should have used a post with a crotch or waist holder or something similar.

anyways, the Child looks great and looking forward to get mine

Well I got two of both Sideshow's and Hot Toys. Keeping one for myself and hoping to trade one of each, so two total, for a 1/1 Salacious assuming the child goes up in value. If not I can resell no problem.

I have never bought anything for trade bait but what the heck.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back