Sideshow Boba Fett 1:1 unboxing

Here is a quick mock-up I did in photoshop. It makes a huge difference but I think it might be a little more than just an inch. (side by side for comparison)
IMG_0873_altered.jpgIMG_0873.JPG

Sideshow was required to make this a statue and not wearable in any way. Which is why the helmet is setup that way. With the helmet lowered it'll look a bit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, PLEASE cut that thing down! lol I'm glad it's just a pipe and that you don't have to saw off the top of a mannequin head!
Start with an inch and then just start taking of a 1/4 inch at a time until it looks right.
It will look SO much better.

I got one of these as well and I don't think it's nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be. In fact, I'll be honest, I love it. I don't even find the neck to be *that* distracting, either. 10648817_10100622564303356_3269701024418417329_o.jpg

I played around a bit with the neck seal and pulled it up from the back to give the neck a slightly more natural angle and it seemed to help a bit. I think there's also an element of perspective at play. The fact that you, the viewer, is automatically looking up at it, therefore you're seeing up the helmet/neck a bit makes it look worse. I'm like, 5'9" to 5'10" and if I stand on my toes and am even with his eyesight line, it looks pretty accurate. Maybe I'm wrong! But that's how I see it. Don't forget, he's already pretty tall plus the base adds probably around 5 inches.

I got one of these as well and I don't think it's nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be. In fact, I'll be honest, I love it.

I don't think anyone thinks it's bad (except for incredibly anal Fett builders). I think the point of any contention comes from the cost of it. Personally I think it's gorgeous but I would prefer to have a costume on a mannequins that I could wear. Congrats to those who bought this though.

I got one of these as well and I don't think it's nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be. In fact, I'll be honest, I love it. I don't even find the neck to be *that* distracting, either. View attachment 452264

I played around a bit with the neck seal and pulled it up from the back to give the neck a slightly more natural angle and it seemed to help a bit. I think there's also an element of perspective at play. The fact that you, the viewer, is automatically looking up at it, therefore you're seeing up the helmet/neck a bit makes it look worse. I'm like, 5'9" to 5'10" and if I stand on my toes and am even with his eyesight line, it looks pretty accurate. Maybe I'm wrong! But that's how I see it. Don't forget, he's already pretty tall plus the base adds probably around 5 inches.

Hey,.......You can't tease us with one little pic.

More pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Yea, the cost is high but I'll tell you, I don't regret spending the money. I was looking at a post by a top notch Fett builder and I think his rate was around $12,000. So I can't really complain too much. I was lucky enough to get in on it during Sideshow's "introductory" price, too.

The shoulder decal is ROTJ version, the helmet green looks off to me, also the shoulder armor should be outside of the vest.
Overall i think its a good piece, but not worth the heavy price tag.It had so much potential , Never the less enjoy it in your home.

Yea, the cost is high but I'll tell you, I don't regret spending the money. I was looking at a post by a top notch Fett builder and I think his rate was around $12,000. So I can't really complain too much. I was lucky enough to get in on it during Sideshow's "introductory" price, too.

You can build your own Fett for about $3000 for all the parts, then find a someone to paint it for about $1000. But if your just into collecting and not building then this is good option.

I don't have many pics because I destroyed my phone and had to rely on my girlfriend to take pics. She took them right after I was done assembling, so it was before I had played around with the neck seal.Boba4.jpgBoba2.jpgBoba3.jpg

Whoever told you $12k to build one is out of their mind! I looked into having someone on The Dented Helmet do one for me and it was going to cost between $6-7k for a completely finished statue on a custom lighted base....and that's for the most accurate Fett you can possibly get.

Honestly, I was ready to pull the trigger on Sideshow's statue when they unveiled the prototype because I thought it would be a lot easier than going the DIY route and I didn't mind paying a little extra for the convenience factor, but I just can't reward SS with my money when they cut so many corners on the finished piece. Art, Tom Spina and several guys from TDH gave Sideshow everything possible to reproduce a highly accurate Fett and SS did what they always do which is to farm production out to a factory in China where no QC measures are followed.

I don't mean to rag on this statue and I don't think it's bad by any means, but for what SS is charging it should have turned out EXACTLY like the prototype and there's no excuse for the issues that are present on the finished piece.

Honestly, I was ready to pull the trigger on Sideshow's statue when they unveiled the prototype because I thought it would be a lot easier than going the DIY route and I didn't mind paying a little extra for the convenience factor, but I just can't reward SS with my money when they cut so many corners on the finished piece. Art, Tom Spina and several guys from TDH gave Sideshow everything possible to reproduce a highly accurate Fett and SS did what they always do which is to farm production out to a factory in China where no QC measures are followed.

Exactly, I mean how the hell do they put the ROTJ Bantha Skull on it instead of the ESB????

You can build your own Fett for about $3000 for all the parts, then find a someone to paint it for about $1000. But if your just into collecting and not building then this is good option.

Exactly and more accurate in every way, more like a real costume on a mannequin and not solid resin helmet, boots ect..

I picked one of these up because I wanted to stand it next to a Han in carbonate display. Ice that cake so to speak.

I can see the view point of many on here about paint finish and boba needing to do some curls or forehead smashes.

however...it took a lazy 2 hours from signing my name with fedex to pushing him against the wall...not my usual 2-3 years to do a project and get it "just right"

i think that alone has a value.

I had a MR helmet sitting in storage and pulled it today. I mounted it and think it scales a bit better than the one supplied.

Im happy with the statue and a big thanks to sideshow for making this available.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 227
Looks really good with the MR bucket! I vaguely recall reading somewhere the MR helmet was a little oversized compared to the film prop. Anybody know if that's true or I making things up? lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back